Chapter 1

Samantha's P.O.V

"Babe, school!" I feel Shawn throw me over his shoulder and he brings me down to the kitchen. He places me on a stool and I look up to see Mama Mendes.

"Hey mama, what time is it?"

"It's six, you got time baby girl." She places a plate of eggs and a piece of toast in front of me and does the same for Shawn.

"Thanks." I eat my breakfast and stand up before walking to the fridge and grabbing a water bottle. I place my plate in the sink and go upstairs. I had my outfit set out since three days ago because I was panicking, but I Skyped Mahogany and had Lauren's help, so I was good. It's a pair of black leggings and a denim shirt and the sleeves are cuffed up to the elbow. I also have on a pair of white vans to remind me of Jack and the rest of my friends for back in America. I go to the bathroom with my makeup bag and I put on foundation, a little concealer and some mascara. I also fill in my brows lightly because I need to make a nice impression. My hair is actually being nice today so I crimp it into loose waves and i feel confident. I put the iron in a cooling bag thing I bought and I go back to Shawn's room. I unplug my phone and I look at the messages. They all say good luck at school and they're from the magcon peoples. Gosh I love them.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I couldn't be better." I smile before going over to my bag and taking my medicine with the water bottle I brought up before. I look around for my backpack and I see it next to Shawn's. It's a tan fake leather material backpack with two pockets on both sides of the front and the top opens up and you close it with the metal snap thing. I think you get the idea.

"Do you have everything?"

"Well we'll see when I get into the building and they start handing out schedules and I realize I don't have a notebook or something dumb."

"Don't panic this is just like your old school."

"Babe, I hated my old school so let's go and hope not." I walk downstairs with him following right behind me. I walk back to the kitchen and I see Aaliyah.

"Have fun at school." I smile as I hug her.

"You too, good luck." I laugh and I see mama.

"Mama, do I look okay?"

"Yes honey, you look great. Don't stress okay, you have Shawn and all of the guys and girls you became friends with. Have fun and educate yourself." I laugh and I hug her before walking out the door with Shawn.

"You really are nervous aren't you?"

"More than ever."

"More than when you had to answers question at magcon?"

"Eh, about the same." He puts my hand in his as we start walking. I see Lauren and she smile.

"Did you even try calming her down. I can see the fear from a mile a way." Lauren laughs at Shawn.

"Hey, that's just making me worse." I joke as we all keep walking.

"I was just kidding, you'll be fine. You're also probably gonna have one of us in a class with you." I nod and we eventually get to the school. They direct us to an auditorium and they make us sit in the audience chairs. Except in alphabetical order. I look at Shawn and he gives me a look. It's his 'stop it, don't do what your about to do, which is panic' look. I sigh and I look at the signs. My name is the first on the sign for names starting with G to J, so I let go of Shawn's hand and he kisses me before walking toward his homeroom. I take a seat and I cross my legs before looking at my phone. I see Jack just texted me saying I'll do fine and stop panicking. He knows me so well. I turn off my phone and I put it in my backpack before looking around.