" So you were completely un-expecting, and didn't lead the defendant on at all?" She continued asking questions, aiming her gaze at the jurors.

" Lead him on?" Keith chuckled in a shaky way. " I ran from him... that's when he started forcing me back into the room." He recounted the events while looking at Lotor.

" What exactly did he do to you?"

" H-he... he locked the door and threw me on the floor. And I tried to get away, but he kept pinning me and pressed my body up against the lockers so I couldn't run." Keith was shuddering just talking about it. That day was fresh in his mind, almost like it had happened yesterday. " I kept kicking and hitting him, but he wouldn't let up. I was screaming and he was choking me to shut me up."

" So, to be clear, Lotor was forcing himself on you?"

" Yes."

" Let me just ask, if the defendant would knowingly attempt to rape someone, what would stop him from losing control in other situations? He clearly has proven himself incapable of handling emotions, especially jealousy." The attorney talked the court room. " Keith would've been raped had his boyfriend not shown up to save him, and that infuriated Lotor. He couldn't handle the humiliation, and so he set out for revenge."

Everything was fuzzy, blurred out, almost like they were under water. And Keith had to squint to see anything from the witness stand. And that's when he heard the sound of Lance painfully sobbing. It was a broken, hopeless sort of cry. Like he'd been stripped down to only the rawest of his emotions.

Mostly everyone else was fading away into dust as he stumbled from the stand.

" Come back to me! God damn it, I can't do this anymore!" Lance crumbled to his knees, and was bawling his eyes out. Keith couldn't have been more confused. Where had everyone else gone, what did Lance mean? Why was he crying?

" Lance?!" He knelt down next to him. " Babe, what's wrong?!" Keith frantically asked.

" I-I love you so much! You can't- you can't just leave me here like this!" The alpha was hysterical. And Keith was wide eyed, unsure what was happening.

" Lance- what? I'm right here?" Keith moved to hug his boyfriend, but he just fell right through. Almost like Lance was some sort of glitchy hologram he couldn't wrap his arms around. " I don't know what you're talking about."

" Wake up!" Lance shouted as though he couldn't even hear him.

" Are you blind or just stupid, I'm right here!" The omega waved his hand in front of Lance's face, but he found no reaction from him. " What the hell is happening around here?!" His heartbeat was through the roof.

" I know you can hear me! I know you can!" Lance put his hands on his head and looked like he could rip out all his hair from frustration.

...

Lance was a mess of tears, and the front of Keith's hospital gown was drenched. He grasped the boy's hand, keeping their fingers intertwined tightly. The heart monitor was going crazy as he blubbered hopelessly. It had been three days since the last time he'd cried, so much for achieving a personal best.

There was anything but silence as Keith's eyes drowsily struggled to open. He could hear his pulse everywhere, like it was coming from inside his head. And Lance was buried in his chest, sobbing without control over it.

He didn't speak, mainly because his voice would be scratchy after not being used for so long. Instead, he squeezed back on the alpha's hand, letting an almost inaudible noise escape him. Keith really had no clue what was going on, and he was drawing a blank when he tried to remember. His brain was static for a second.