Promise

The sun had set rather early that night. But the sky was still splattered with an array of light pinks and blues, and a somewhat purple-ish color. It seemed to be rosy on one side, and an ocean-like shade on the other. Then in the center of the sky, the colors blended into a dark lilac hue. There was also a somewhat cooler breeze skipping through the air, and moths kept gathering around the field over head lights.

Keith found himself gazing into the small clouds above the football field. They were playing at home yet again, and he was about to be thrown in the air for probably the millionth time that week.

The clock was ticking down, almost to zero. And Lance, who was on the sideline, watched the cheerleaders take their designated positions on the track. And when the whistle blew for half time, they got in their stunt groups. Soon, people were in the air and Lance couldn't help but go pale with fear as they launched Keith into the clouds. He clutched his water bottle tighter, his mouth open as the omega neared the safety of his fellow cheerleaders' hands.

Except... Keith didn't land quite right. At all. Just as he kept getting lower and lower... all he felt was the track beneath him. And Lance's heart dropped upon seeing the boy hit the ground. Allura and Shannon had slammed their faces into each other upon trying to absorb his weight, but there was way too much momentum.

" KEITH!!!" Lance screamed, dropping the water bottle and beginning to sprint. His legs were moving as fast as they could carry him, and he nearly skid across the track upon stopping.

Keith groaned, thank god Allura had managed to get her arm underneath his head so he wasn't concussed. His ass had taken the brunt of the fall, and it tingled with little prickles of pain.

Lance pushed through the herd of cheerleaders, he could feel his heartbeat in his ears. " Keith!" He knelt down by the boy's side, and he noticed the tears that had gathered together in the corners of his violet eyes.

Allura had her palm under Keith's head, but was using her other hand to catch some blood that dripped from her nose. Shannon and Shay, who had also hit the ground, were just now sitting up. Hunk had rushed over as well, and he extended a hand for his girlfriend. The crowd was completely silent, nobody even breathed, let alone dared to speak.

" Lance...?" The omega blinked a couple times, squinting. He might've hit the ground a little too hard. The alpha felt his facial expression just droop as he teared up slightly.

" Yeah... it's me." He smiled weakly and everyone else could only watch his raw display of emotion. " Common, we have to sit you up..." Lance sniffed back a little bit, trying to keep his composure.

" Keith, can you feel your legs?" Allura asked cautiously, and Keith wiggles his toes inside of the bulky white cheer shoes.

" Yeah." His voice was somewhat higher pitched as Lance helped sit him up. There was a shooting pain coming from his tailbone.

" I'm going to have to lift him, I don't think he'll be able to stand on his own..." Lance said to nobody in particular as he slid his hands under Keith's body, being very careful under his thighs. Slowly, he picked him up bridal style, with barely any effort made. And even in the amount of pain he was in, Keith still found himself flustered by Lance's touch.

He was set down extra carefully onto one of the metal benches near the sideline. And the alpha stayed by the omega, not wanting to leave his side for some reason.

" The medical trainer is on their way..." Allura said, holding a Kleenex from her bag to her nose.

" So one of you want to explain why the fuck you were still using this stunt group?! Allura, you knew it was unstable!" Lance raised his voice, narrowing his eyes.