Power Struggle

(( OMG! Thank you so much to everyone who votes and/or comments! This story now has over one thousand votes and a bunch of hilarious comments that I couldn't be more happy about! I love all my readers so much!))

As the sun sat high in the sky, its light was trickling in through Keith's bedroom window. He slowly was awakened, and blinked groggily before groaning into the pillows. Nope. Keith was certainly no morning person.

He felt around on the other side of the bed, and sat up suddenly upon noticing that Lance was nowhere to be found. " Babe?" The omega asked in a hoarse voice, rubbing his drowsy eyes.

His boyfriend's phone still sat on the nightstand, so there was a low chance that he'd left.

Keith set his bare feet down onto the cold hardwood, and he shivered while throwing the comforter to the side. He was wearing his skimpy sleep shorts that Lance loved just a little too much, and one of his many cheerleading t-shirts. And now that the weather was starting to cool down, his room wasn't so ungodly hot all the time. It also meant that it seemed freezing when he got out from the comfort of his bed.

As he sleepily made his way down the stairs, the smell of food hit him like a truck. It had been a long time since he'd even thought about waking up to breakfast. Shiro didn't have time to cook in the morning, so most of the time Keith would just grab a granola bar or something, and then they were out the door.

Keith walked into the kitchen to see Lance, bright eyed and metaphorically bushy tailed. He was in front of the stove, and the aroma of chocolate chip pancakes filled the air.

He was wearing his green jacket that Keith hadn't seen for a while, and a regular pair of blue jeans. The taller male also had on red socks, and they seemed to have some sort of pattern with Deadpool on them.

Lance had learned after a while to bring a change of clothes with him in his backpack. He never knew when he might end up sleeping over at Keith's.

" Oh, hey, Princess~" Lance turned around to see his boyfriend, who looked completely exhausted. " I decided to make breakfast." The alpha smiled.

" I can see that." The smaller boy said, shuffling over to the cabinet where the mugs were kept. He pulled one down and began fixing some coffee for himself.

" Shiro is letting us stay home..." Lance flipped a pancake. " I mean... obviously." The Cuban boy chuckled to himself. " It's like 10."

" Wait, seriously?" Keith poured some creamer in his coffee before putting it back in the fridge.

" Yeah, Sleeping Beauty." Lance left the pan for a second, hugging his boyfriend from behind. " You just looked so cute when you were sleeping... I didn't want to wake you up."

" Creepy." Keith teased, leaning back against him.

" I'm not creepy!" Lance gasped, resting his chin on his omega's shoulder. " You wound me, Babe." He dramatically said.

Keith was always grumpy in the morning. Especially before he'd had his coffee.

" Mhm." The cheerleader rolled his eyes. " Anyways... how'd you know chocolate chip pancakes are my favorite?" He asked.

" I might've talked to Shiro before he left for work." Lance pressed a tiny kiss on Keith's cheek before returning to the stove. The football player couldn't help but smile while shoveling another gold brown pancake from the pan.

There was a plate of them that had been piling up with the biggest, best ones, and it was reserved for Keith.

The omega was sitting over at the kitchen table now, sipping some of his coffee. And Lance came over, setting some pancakes in front of his boyfriend, before sitting beside him. " Nice shorts..." He looked over at his boyfriend with a flirtatious expression.