"Damn, my wife is beautiful." He complimented.

"Thanks." I said and blushed.

Grant took the steaks out and put them on the grill while I chopped up potatoes and onions. I put the potatoes and onions on a pan and topped them with cheese before putting the pan in the oven. 15 minutes before supper was ready, Blake showed up. Macey led him into the dining room and he smiled nervously at us.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Davis. I'm Blake Swede." Blake greeted.

"It's nice to meet you." I said and gave him a quick hug before Grant shook his hand.

Macey and Blake sat down at the table and I went to get Magnolia while Grant got the food ready.

"Magnolia, honey it's time for supper." I said as i walked into her room.

Magnolia was crying on her bed and holding her stomach.

"Mommy, my tummy hurts." She cried and pointed to the ride side of her belly.

"How bad does it hurt?" I asked as I sat down beside her.

"Really, really bad mommy." She cried as she crawled into my lap.

"I'll go get your dad to carry you to the truck and I'll take you to the hospital, honey." I said and gently got off her bed.

I went down to the kitchen were Grant was cutting Magnolia's steak.

"Grant, can you go up and carry Magnolia out to the truck. She's complaining about her stomach and I think it might be her appendix. I'm going to take her to the hospital." I said and Grant rushed up to Magnolia's room.

He carried Magnolia out to the truck and sat her in the backseat.

"Do you want me to come?" He asked.

"You can stay with Macey. I call you if she has to have surgery." I said and kissed him before hopping into my truck.

I drove magnolia to the hospital and I pulled up close to the door. I ran inside and asked for a nurse to bring a wheelchair. A brunette nurse brought a wheelchair out to the truck and we gently loaded magnolia into it. I quickly parked my truck before running inside.

A doctor did a lot of tests and examinations before deciding it was her appendix.

"We'll do surgery first thing in the morning." She said before walking out.

"Mom, can you call Dad and Grace?" Magnolia asked and I nodded.

I called Jake and told him about magnolia. Then, I called Grant. Grant said that Macey, Blake, and him would be there shortly.
******
Grant walked in carrying some balloons for Magnolia.

"Hey babygirl. I'm sorry you're sick." He said and kissed her forehead.

Macey and Blake each had a stuffed animal for her and Magnolia hugged both of them.

20 minutes later, Jake and Grace showed up.

"Hi Dad, hi Grace." Magnolia greeted and smiled.

They both hugged her gently and Jake handed her some candy to have tomorrow. Jake and Grace stayed for 15 minutes before heading back home.

"Daddy, can I take your truck and drive Blake back to the house for his car?" Macey asked and Grant reluctantly handed her the keys.

After they left, a nurse came in and checked Magnolia's vitals.

"would you guys like me to bring in a bed for you to sleep in tonight?" She asked.

"That would be amazing." I said and smiled.

She brought us a bed and set it up right beside Magnolia's. Grant and I laid in the bed and we both held Magnolia's hand.

"Grant, you're the best daddy that I have." Magnolia said before falling asleep.

I saw a smile creep into Grant's face as he watched Magnolia. Soon, Grant and I also fell asleep.

The next morning, Macey showed up to see Magnolia before surgery.

"I love ya, sis." Macey said and hugged Magnolia tightly.

Grant and I hugged Magnolia and I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Mom, where's Dad and Grace?" She asked.

"I don't know, honey." I said and squeezed her hand.

Soon, she was wheeled off for surgery and Jake and Grace never showed up.

"Grant, I want to try to get full custody of Magnolia." I said softly.

"I think you should." Grant said and smiled.

We sat in the waiting room and waited for Magnolia's surgery to be over. After a few hours, a nurse escorted us to her recovery room.

"Hey Magnolia." I greeted quietly as we walked in.

"Mama, I don't feel so well." She said softly.

"I know baby." I said and stroked her head.

"Dad didn't show up, did he?" Magnolia asked disappointedly.

"I'm sorry honey." I said and squeezed her tiny hand.

"He's not my dad anymore..... Grant is." Magnolia said and smiled at Grant.

Grant smiled widely and I knew how happy he was to hear her say that. He's always accepted Magnolia as his own and I am forever grateful for that.