24

7 years later.......
Macey is 15
Magnolia is 7
Meredith is 31
Grant is 32

"Macey, you can not have a boyfriend. You're only 15." Grant scolded.

"But Daddy, everyone dates in high school. I'm a freshman and I've never even been on a date." Macey whined.

"Grant, will you let me talk to her?" I asked quietly and he nodded slightly.

"Macey, come with me." I said and led her into the dining room.

We sat down at the table and I smiled at her softly.

"What's going on Macey?" I asked her softly.

"This really sweet guy asked me to go to the movies with him this weekend and Dad says I can't go." She answered.

"Your dad just doesn't want you to grow up. You're his little girl, Macey. I didn't have my first real boyfriend until I was 18 but I wish I would've dated around before that." I said.

"Can you talk to Dad for me?" Macey asked.

"Yes, I will try my best to talk him into letting you go." I said and smiled.

"Thanks, Mom." Macey said before getting out of her chair and hugging me.

Grant and I got married 3 years ago. Macey was so happy to have me as her stepmom, and she was even happier to have Magnolia as her sister.

"Hey baby." Grant greeted as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Hey, I need to talk to you." I said and motioned to the seat beside me.

"What's up?" He asked as he sat down.

"Let Macey go on that date." I said.

"She's my little girl, Mere. I can't let her go out with someone I don't know." Grant said defensively.

"I told her that I wish I would've had some more experience. My first boyfriend was when I was 18 and I didn't know much at all. I think that's why I made the mistake of marrying him." I said and looked into Grant's eyes.

"I'll let her go. As long as this guy picks her up and talks to me." Grant gave in.

"Thanks, honey." I said and kissed him.

"Do you want to get a sitter for Magnolia this weekend?" Grant asked.

"Depends on what you're wanting to do." I teased.

"I wanna go out to supper." He said and rubbed my thigh.

"Just supper?" I questioned.

"Maybe more. I'll see if Mom can watch Magnolia." Grant said and smirked.

"Dad." Macey said cheerfully as she walked back into the dining room.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Can Blake come to supper tonight? He wants to meet everyone before he takes me out this weekend." She announced.

"Yep, he can come over." Grant answered and Macey hugged him tightly.

"Thanks daddy." She said before walking away.

"Can you go tell magnolia to put on something nice while i start supper?" I asked Grant.

"Sure thing, Mrs. Davis." He said and kissed my forehead before walking away.

I sat out some steaks to thaw before going to Grant and I's room. I took off my clothes and slipped on a sundress before going back to the kitchen. Grant whistled when he walked in.