23

I woke up to my phone ringing loudly. I grabbed it and my lawyer's number was across the screen.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hey, Meredith. Your divorce is officially finalized." He said.

"I'm so happy to hear that. Thank you so much for everything." I said before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Grant asked.

"My lawyer. He said my divorce is officially finalized." I cheered.

"I'm happy for you, Baby." Grant said and kissed my lips gently.

As we were kissing, Magnolia began bawling in the nursery. I went and picked her up before sitting down in the rocker and beginning to feed her.

"Mere, I'm going to go take Macey back to her mom's house." Grant said from the door.

I pulled my shirt back up and put Magnolia into her crib.

"I want to say bye to her." I said before walking out of the nursery.

Macey ran up and gave me a huge hug.

"Goodbye Meredith." She said.

"Goodbye, Macey. I'll see you soon." I said and kissed the top of her head.

"I'll see you in a bit babe. I'll bring you some lunch." Grant said and lightly kissed my lips before leaving.

While he was gone, I tidied up the house a bit. I washed some clothes and swept the floor.

***
"Honey, I'm home." Grant called from the room.

I picked Magnolia up from her crib and took her to the dining room. I set her into her high chair and kissed Grant.

"I brought you food from Maggie's." Grant said and smiled.

"This is why I'm dating you." I teased and began to eat my hamburger.

"Meredith, I know you've met my mom but I want you to meet my father. They invited us over for supper tonight." Grant said softly.

"I'd love to go." I said and smiled.

"You'll have to wear something nice and before we go over there I'll have to pick up Macey." Grant rambled about stuff we needed to do.

"Didn't you just drop Macey off?" I asked.

"Yea, her Mom will be okay with me picking her up for a few hours." He said and smiled.

After we finished eating, Grant went out to check on the horses while I worked on some book-work for the ranch. When Grant came back in, I had him watch Magnolia while I took a quick shower. After my shower, I dressed in an simple black dress. I straightened my hair before going back to Grant and magnolia.

"Wow, Meredith. You are gorgeous." Grant said and kissed my temple.

"Thanks." I said and blushed.

I took a sleeping Magnolia from him, so that he could go take a shower. Grant returned from the guest house 20 minutes later in a pair light-washed jeans and a purple polo shirt.

"Damn, you're handsome." I complimented and kissed his jaw.

"Are you about ready to go?" He asked as he checked his watch.

"Yep." I answered as I slipped on a pair of black flats and went to get the baby carrier.

I strapped Magnolia in her carrier and we went out to Grant's truck. I buckled her up and we headed into town to pick up Macey. After we grabbed Macey, we headed 30 minutes out of town to a different town. We arrived at the Davis' house 15 minutes before we were supposed to.