15

As the weeks went by, dad's condition seemed to worsen. He barely ate, he went to bed early, and he went to the hospital a lot.

"Daddy, what's going on?" I asked as we sat in the living room.

"Honey, I have cancer. I've been doing chemo the last few weeks but I didn't want to tell you right after you got engaged." He answered and I began to bawl.

"What kind?" I managed to say.

"Bone. They say I have a year to live if the treatment doesn't help." Dad said and touched my forearm.

"But Dad, I need you at my wedding." I cried.

"I'm sorry honey." He said softly.

"I've already lost mom. I can't lose you too." I cried.

"I'm gonna try my best to get better for you sweetie." Dad said and hugged me.

"What about my future kids?" I muttered into his shoulder.

We sat there and cried for a while and then we talked about Mom.

"I may need a bone marrow transplant." Dad announced.

"Dad, I'd do it in a heartbeat and I'm sure Jake would help too." I said and smiled softly.

"I have another question." Dad said.

"Go for it." I said softly.

"Could you and Jake move into your old room to help out? I'm beginning to get weak." Dad said.

"Of course, we'll hell with whatever you need." I said and began to cry again.

Soon, Jake came in from feeding the animals.

"What's up?" He asked and I ran into his arms and cried.

"Jake, I have cancer." Dad said softly.

"No. You can't." Jake said and he began to cry too.

We all stood in a group hug and cried for a few minutes. Then, Jake and I went over to the guest house to get some of our clothes and shoes. We put it all into my old room before sitting on my bed.

"Mere, I think we should have the wedding in a few months. Just in case something does happen to your dad." He said and kissed my cheek.

"I agree, but can we really plan a wedding in a few months?" I asked.

"We can do it." Jake said.

That night, Jake, Dad, and I picked a date for the wedding. We then sent out Facebook invites, texted people, and called family members. Jake's Mom offered to bake my cake, my aunt is doing the decorations, and Rylee is going to be my maid of honor. Jake's family is going to come to Wyoming in 2 weeks. Gina and Rylee are going to take me to find my wedding dress and Rylee's dress. I'm so excited. In 4 months, on June 20th, I will be Mrs. Jake Ross!!!!!