8

Today is the first day of school and I'm completely dreading it. I start getting dressed and as I'm pulling up my jeans, my bedroom door opens.

"Don't come in." I say but it's too late.

Jake walks in and he stares at me. My jeans are halfway up my thighs and my hair hasn't been brushed yet.  

"I'm so sorry darling." Jake apologized and turned around.

"It's okay." I said before pulling my jeans over my hips and buttoning them up.

"The coast is clear." I said to Jake and he turned around.

I started to brush my hair and I could see Jake admiring me.

"You're beautiful baby." He said as he walked closer to me.

He set his hands on my hips and he kissed my cheek.

"When do you have to leave?" Jake asked.

"In like 20 minutes, even though I don't want to." I said and touched Jake's side.

"It'll be okay baby. Just remember that you'll get to come home to me." Jake said and smiled.

"Yea that's a plus." I said and smiled.

"Do you have time for me to show you something in the guest house?" He asked.

"Of course, I'll just throw my stuff in my truck on the way there." I said and we headed out of the house.

I threw my back pack into my truck and went into the guest house with Jake. He walked over to the shelf by the couch and picked up a picture frame. He handed it to me and my face lit up. The picture was of Jake and I a few weekends ago when we went to the lake.

"Aww Jake. I love it." I said and smiled.

"Maybe after we've dated longer you can spend more nights over here." Jake suggested and smiled.

"Jake I'll stay the night whenever you want. I could even leave a pair of my clothes over here. But that's only if you're serious about this." I said and smiled.

"I'm very serious about my relationship with you." Jake said and kissed my lips passionately.

"Well I have to leave. I'll text you when I make it to school." I said and kissed Jake again.

I got to the door and Jake called my name.

"What?" I called back as I opened the door.

"You have a nice ass." He said and chuckled.

"Thanks." I said before leaving the guest house and getting into my truck.

I jammed to Chris Janson's new CD the whole way to school and when I pulled into the parking lot, I texted Jake.

Made it to hell- wish me luck ~M

Babe you'll do fine- just think about me 😉 ~J

I gotta go- see you in a few hours ~M

I walked into the school building and grabbed my schedule before heading to my first class- college chemistry.
My classes went by pretty fast since we only have a half a day of school. I pulled into the house and I could see Jake in the house talking to Dad. The conversation looked like it was getting heated, so I walked up to the door to eavesdrop.

"I'm not having sex with Meredith, i promise." Jake protested.

"Then why is she staying over at the guest house all the time. I know you two are sleeping in the bed together over there." Dad yelled.

"And that's all we are doing sir- sleeping or talking." Jake said.

"I don't want that going on anymore-she's my little girl." Dad protested.

"But she isn't so little anymore sir. She's 18." Jake said and Dad slammed his hand on the table.

I took that as my cue to walk in.

"Hey guys." I greeted.

"How was school?" Jake asked.

"It wasn't bad." I said and hung my back pack up.

"What do you want for lunch?" Dad asked.

"Can we go to Maggie's?" I asked.

"I'll give you and Jake money to go.. I have some things to do." Dad said and handed me $50.

"Thanks Dad." I said and Jake and I hopped into Jake's truck.

We headed into town and it was kind of silent.

"I heard most of your conversation with my father." I said softly

"You weren't supposed to, Mere." He said strictly.

"Do you want me to tell him that we aren't having sex?" I asked.

"It's fine, Mere. It's my problem not yours." Jake said as we pulled up to Maggie's.

"Jake it kind of is my problem." I said before we got out of truck.

We walked into Maggie's and we sat at a table.

"Mere, I don't want your dad getting mad at you so just let me talk to him." Jake said.

"Okay. I won't argue with you" I said and looked at my menu.

After lunch, we headed Back to the ranch and I worked with my new filly while Jake fixed the tractor.

That night, I laid on Jake's bed in one of his T-shirt's and a pair of his shorts.

"Jake." I said softly.

"Yes, Mere." He said and smiled at me.

"I love you." I said and kissed his cheek.

"I love you too." Jake said and kissed my lips.