Invisibility Problems - Part 3

The clock struck midnight.

It was time.

The gang was reunited at the common room near the fireplace, their usual spot. Everybody was sitting in silence, just staring at the fire.

Aurora already had the potion. She was tumbling it down in her hands, showing how nervous she was.

"Aurora." Lynx spoke.

"Yes?" She raised her head.

"We should go."

She knew she had to, but it was normal to be afraid, even if just a little. However, she wasn't afraid to be caught. She was afraid of what she was going to discover.

"Are you ready?" She asked him.

"The question is: Are you ready?" He replied.

She breathed deeply. "I am."

He nodded his head. "Then, let's go."

The two of them stood up.

"Please be careful." Espen pleaded.

"We will." Aurora said. "Don't forget to cover for us."

"Good luck." Caspar spoke.

Aurora and Lynx looked at each other, determined. It was time.

The both of them left the Slytherin common room and headed to the library.

"I really hope everything goes as planed." Espen said, anxious.

"It will. Don't worry. They can do it." Caspar said, standing up.

"Caspar, what are you doing awake at this hour?"

The two of them froze as they heard that familiar voice.

Caspar turned behind, slowly, staring at his brother.

"Balthazar!" He said it louder than he expected it. Espen elbowed him.

"You should be in bed. It's already past curfew." He informed, frowning.

"I could ask you the same thing. Why are you here?" Caspar retaliated, trying to divert the attention from them.

"Professor Caput needs me. He's going to help me practise, but first we're going to the library to look for more information on the Origami technique. Also, don't change the subject!"

Balthazar then stopped and looked at Espen, then at Caspar, sticking his eyes once again on the short-haired girl.

"Oh..." He let out, smirking. "I understand."

Caspar was confused. "What?"

Balthazar tilted his head towards Espen. "You two..."

Espen and Caspar looked at each other, disgusted.

"Eeeew! No! Of course not!" Espen bawled.

"Never!" Caspar spoke. It would never cross his mind to snog Espen. It would be like kissing his sister. He didn't fancy incest.

"All right, love birds."

"Balth-"

"Now, go to bed at once. Don't make me report you to Caput." Balthazar left the room.

"That was weird." Espen said, rolling her eyes.

"Why do I have to have such a weird family?" Caspar rubbed his forehead. "What did I do t-"

He stopped talking, remembering what his brother told him. His eyes widened recalling the word library.

"Blimey!" He shouted.