Quidditch

Thank you SonicBlueLover for this lovely drawing! ❤
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora woke up in the infirmary, to see a plump woman, dressed with a blue cloak that reached the floor, and a white apron. Her head was covered with a white cap and a veil. She had strawberry blonde hair, tied up in a bun under the veil, and brown eyes.
"Good to see that you have already woken up." She spoke, walking in Aurora's direction. "How are you feeling?"
Aurora looked to her surroundings. She was in the Hospital Wing, a place where she thought that she would never go.
"Normal." She replied.
The matron grabbed a piece of chocolate from her apron and gave it to Aurora. "This is a good medicine, after an encounter with a Dementor."
She grabbed the chocolate and ate it. She remembered that Professor Caput did the same thing.
"How long have I been unconscious?" Aurora asked.
"For some time. It's already sunday and dinner time. I was about to head to the Great Hall. If you are feeling better, you can come."
Aurora nodded. She stood up from the bed and walked to the entrance, by that woman's side. She noticed she had a different set of clothes. She was now wearing a white tent dress, short sleeved, above the knees.
"Who changed my clothes?"
"It was me. Hope you don't mind. I asked your friends to bring me some fresh and comfortable clothes, because you were sweating a lot." She stopped for a moment. "You have a lot of nightmares, I've been told."
Aurora didn't respond.
"And I saw it." Said the woman. "The scar."
"Oh, don't worry about it. It's just a scratch."
"It doesn't look like a scratch." She spoke. "I tried to use Legilimency on you to calm you down, because of the nightmares, and also to see how you got it."
Aurora stopped walking.
"You used Legilimency on me?" The art of entering ones mind.
"I tried." The matron also stopped walking, looking at her. "But I couldn't."
"How? I don't know Occlumency."
"I thought so. A girl like you, who just started learning about magic, wouldn't be able to do such difficult spell, especially in your sleep. It's already unusual that you know that they exist. So, or something is blocking your mind, or someone."
"Is that possible? To use Occlumency on other people?"
"It is possible, but only if that person has a strong connection with you."
"I don't think I know someone who has that sort of connection with me."
"Don't worry about that, now, dear. It must be nothing."
Even though she said that, Aurora knew she was lying. That woman knew it was strange not to be able to access her mind. And it was even more strange having someone protecting it. But why would someone do that and how?
"I'm sorry. I forgot to ask your name." Aurora said.
"Oh, dear." She giggled. "I'm Barbara Augustine. Please call me Madam Augustine."
"I'm Aurora, but, of course, you must already know that."
"I think that everyone in this school knows who you are, dear." She informed.
"Unfortunally..." She mumbled.
"Well, no need to be depressed. After you eat a sweet dessert, you'll see that you'll feel better."
The both of them entered the Great Hall. The students and teachers set their eyes upon them, following Aurora around untill she reached the Slytherin table. For some unknown reason, they were all staring at her, intensively.
"Hi, guys." Aurora greeted, sitting beside Lucas.
They stared at her. Espen was bitting her nails trying to say something, but whenever she opened her mouth, she would immediatly close it. Hillary was eating while glancing at her. And Lynx was just petrified.
Aurora turned her head to the right and saw the professors discussing about something that seemed to cause a great uproar.
"Why are you all acting so strange?" She asked, averting her eyes to her friends.
"Is it...?" Espen spoke, but then she stopped.
"For God's sake, just speak." She said.
"Is it true that you fought a Dementor?" Lucas, finally, asked.

Aurora looked at her friends, who were now paying attention.

"I didn't actually fight it..." She answered.

"But is it true that you did... A Patronus?" Espen inquired.

Aurora's eyes widened with surprise.

The Arising Dawn | Book 1 of the Hogwarts Series |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें