Nightmares

"How are you feeling?" Aurora asked, looking at Caspar, who was laying down on an infirmary bed. Lynx was by his side.

"Here. I brought you a pumpkin pasty." Lynx spoke, handing him the sweet. "There were still some left from Caput's prize. A certain someone almost ate everything." He said, glancing at Hillary, who averted her eyes, pretending not to know what he was talking about.

"Thank you." Caspar gave him a tender smile. He knows how much he likes pumpkin pasties. He looked at Aurora. "I'm fine, now. Thanks to you, actually." He replied.

"The others would have done the same." She said.

"I doubt they knew the spell you used. And I speak for myself." Hillary spoke.

Aurora smirked, proud of herself, for having such knowledge.

"Have you calmed down?" Espen inquired.

Aurora glanced at her. Espen would surely have known the spell, she thought. "Yeah. I'm sorry if I was too harsh."

"It's okay. We should have listen to you." Espen said. "But how did you know that path was dangerous?"

Aurora swallowed dry. Of course she wouldn't mention the voice that she heard and that no one else did. They might think she is crazy. Hearing voices is never a good sign.

"Just a feeling." She answered, shrugging her shoulders.

"Maybe she has a sixth sense." Lynx spoke.

"Yup. That must be it." She mocked.

Hillary sighed, tired. "I'm so glad that in a few days will be winter vacation. I deserve a break."

"I hear ya." Lynx spoke.

"Have you decided if you're going to stay?" Espen asked Aurora.

"I sent a letter to my father, during break time, asking him if I could stay. We'll see."

Espen nodded, in understanding.

"Hey, Benji!" Lynx shouted, looking at the other side of the room, where the curly haired boy was resting.
He didn't answer.

"He's asleep." A voice came from the entrance.

Madam Augustine walked towards Benjamin's bed, checking if he had a fever.

Aurora remembered everything that happened that day at the staffroom. Madam Augustine didn't trust her, even though she seemed so nice. Aurora couldn't trust the adults in that school. She was still a little unsure of Caput. She knew he was hiding something from her, but is clueless as for what it is.

"I already gave him the antidote. Drowsiness is a side effect." She looked at Caspar. "And you, young man? How are you feeling?"

"Very good, ma'am." He said.

"I'll keep you for a little check up and, then, you'll be able to leave in time for dinner."

He nodded in understanding.

She glanced at Aurora, immediatly averting her eyes to the ground when she saw she had noticed her. Aurora scoffed.

Aurora...

Aurora heard it again. The voice. Like a whisper.

She shook her head, to chase it away, but it was like it wouldn't leave. It kept calling her name. Her mind was heavy and she felt a sudden pain in her head.

Suddenly, the pain stopped. Aurora looked at the matron.

"How are you, Madam Augustine?" She asked, with a fake smile.