The Wooden Bridge

Aurora... Aurora...
Aurora!

Aurora woke up, drenched in sweat and her heart pounding, extremely fast. She heard a voice calling to her. A perfidious voice, desolate and conspicuous.

It seemed to stop when she woke up. The voice made her body shudder. It was as if, for a moment, the room had frozen, the atmosphere had become heavy and unbearable and fear had taken over. Such miserable voice...
She was still panting from the unpleasent emotion.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

Aurora, rubbed her forehead, cleaning the small drops of sweat, and glanced to the right, where a girl with wavy brown hair and bangs just a little above her eyebrows spoke.

"Kinda..." She responded.

"Do you want some water?" She asked, throwing a small towel in Aurora's bed.

"Thank you, Proudfoot." She replied, grabbing the towel and drying her face. "No need. I'll just rest a little. Sorry that I woke you up."

"It's okay. 'Night, then." She said.

"Goodnight."

Aurora laid down once again and stared at the ceiling. The room was so dark, that she even thought that there might be someone watching her.

She couldn't sleep, so she went to the common room, taking with her, the book The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection.

Aurora sat down in one of the leather chairs and opened the book. The room was poorly lit, but brighter than her dorm. It was iluminated by green lamps that looked like little fireflies trapped inside glass bottles. The room was quiet and cold. If Balthazar was there, he would lit the fireplace just like in the first time they met. Through the large window, she could see the black water of the lake, where some fishes were swimming.

"Woah!" Aurora gasped, closing immediatly her mouth. She saw an enormous squid, with big wide eyes and huge tentacles, swirling around.

Hogwarts was amazing, and Aurora knew so little of it. She was fascinated.

She glanced again to the book in her hands and engaged on it. It was her Defence Against Dark Arts' Manual. It had so many information. So many spells and ways to deal with creatures when in a pinch. She kept thinking that Hogwarts was surely and undoubtebly extraordinary.

Aurora heard a noise from her dorm. She quickly turned her head to see from where it came.

"Lumos." She whispered and a light appeared in the tip of her wand.

She saw a white thing dashing across the floor. It was Kimora.

"You scared the hell out of me." Aurora sighed, grabbing Kimora and putting her on her lap. "You came looking for me?"

Aurora stroke her soft fur, still reading the book. Her eyelids started to become heavy, and closed itselves. She fell asleep, soundly.

"Aurora! Aurora!"

Aurora felt her body being shaked. She opened her eyes, calmly and saw Espen.

"Good morning." She yawned.

"Morning." Espen greeted. "You have to go change, so we can have breakfast."

"Oh, that's right."

Aurora stood up from the chair. Her neck was a little tense from sleeping there. She grabbed her book and wand and went to the dorm to dress herself.

Almost every girl had already headed to the Great Hall.

"Good Morning, Proudfoot." She said.

The girl with wavy hair turned around.