Invisibility Problems - Part 2

It was already Christmas Eve.
Everyone was busy with the decorations. The house-elves were wrapped up with the feast, and could only be seen at the kitchen. The students, who stayed at the school, were looking forward for tomorrow night and for their gifts.

Aurora was also very excited. It was her first time spending Christmas at Hogwarts and it certainly was magical.

She rushed out of the library to go meet her friends at the common room, before the curfew. She had been in the library planning for their break-in at the restricted area.

Normally, Mrs. Finnegans would stay at the library after the curfew, for at least an hour, to sort out the books and clean the shelves. After that is done, she goes to her room, to rest for the day.

Aurora thought that it would be better to go at midnight, when everyone is asleep, even the ghosts.

She entered through the wall in the dungeons and found the common room, where Lynx, Caspar and Espen were sitting near the fireplace on the dark leather chairs.

"What took you so long?" Espen asked, when she laid her brown eyes on her.

"I was talking to Mrs. Finnegans. She spent an awful lot of time telling me about her life. She used to be a Quidditch player. A good one, she says." Aurora told, taking a seat beside Lynx.

"And that information is important because...?" Lynx inquired.

"Not that, but the fact that I know when she leaves the library. We should be able to go at midnight, without anyone finding us."

"Somehow, I'm starting to regret this idea..." Espen informed

"Oh, don't be such a wimp!" Lynx stated.

"Of course you had to be the one to ran your mouth! I'm sorry that I'm afraid to be expelled or punished!" Espen yelled at him.

"Calm down, you guys." Aurora intervened. "Espen, it's okay if you don't want to go, you've helped me a lot already. I can go with Lynx and you and Caspar can stay here."

"Do you want to stay, Casp?" Lynx asked the brown haired boy.

"I wouldn't mind if I stayed behind." He said.

"You really are..."

"Well, then," Aurora continued, not letting Lynx finish what he was about to say, which she had one hundred percent sure was an insult. "You stay at the dorms, covering for us if anyone wakes up."

"Thanks, Aurora." Espen spoke.

Aurora showed her a smile. It was okay to be scared. After all, who wants to be expelled from this amazing place?

"We should rest. Tomorrow it's going to be a great day."

They agreed and went their separate ways.

Aurora laid in bed, wishing that the next day would come quickly, so she could finally discover something about her mother. She was nervous, but the thought of finding the truth was so much bigger.

It was already morning.

Aurora had just woken up. She looked through the window of the room and saw bright rays of light immersed on the green water of the lake, that was now covered with a thin layer of ice, given the winter's coldness.

Aurora rushed to Espen's bed and started to shook her.

"Merry Christmas, Espen!" She spoke, excited.

Espen opened her eyes slowly, rubbing them. "Merry Christmas, Aurora."

"Come on, get up!" Aurora said, getting out of her bed and rushing to hers, to get dressed.