Chapter 53 Part 2

ALEXIS

The moment I saw the firework explode, my heart nearly burst with joy. I had one hand clasped to my mouth in shock as my eyes flooded with tears, and another gripping Hudson's hand like it was my lifeline. I couldn't say a word while my wolf was just howling with happiness. 

A baby boy. My baby boy. Our baby boy. 

I didn't even realize that I had blocked out every other noise until Hudson's hand was ripped from mine. I turned my head in time to see him tackled to the ground by Boston and Matthew.

I couldn't understand what they were saying over all the noise, but whatever they said had the grin on Hudson's face widening. He was practically glowing, and there was this look of pride on his face. I could only imagine what he was thinking. 

Before I knew what was happening, I was being pulled into my mom's embrace as she squealed in my ear with excitement about her first grand pup. Once she let me go, my dad leaned over to give me a quick hug, "You know, Horris is a great name for a pup."

I chuckled softly and decided to humor him, "I'll add it to the list."

"Don't forget Lewis. I think Lewis II or Lewis Jr. is a wonderful name for a pup," Hudson's father chimed in as he hugged me.

"What about combining the two? Like Hewis? Or Lorris?" My dad hummed.

I pulled away from Lewis and stared at my dad to make sure he wasn't actually serious. But from the way he was scratching his chin and nodding his head along with Lewis in approval, it was clear the two to-be-grandfathers liked their idea of combining names. I decided to let them have their moment and not burst their bubble by saying they sounded like ship names. 

"It's a good thing you didn't think of combining names when I was born. I probably would have been named Doris or something," Hudson interrupted, tugging me closer to him.

"What's wrong with Doris? My mother was named Doris," My dad said, narrowing my eyes.

"Nothing's wrong, Alpha Horris. It's just that Alpha Doris doesn't exactly sound threatening."

"Oh, and Hudson does? If you take out the 't' in Riveter, you would be Alpha Hudson of the River Pack and the laughing stock of the Alpha community."

I covered my mouth with my hand to hide my laugh at the look on Hudson's face. He must have realized there was no arguing with my father and instead nodded his head slowly in agreement, "Touché. Now if you'll excuse us, I just want a moment with my mate."

Our fathers shrugged and went back to coming up with names that no sane person would name their pup. 

Hudson pulled me away from the crowd just as another firework went off. We both looked at the sky simultaneously with large smiles on our faces. 

"I bet he's going to be a mommy's boy," Hudson said quietly, running a hand over my bump.

"He could also be a daddy's boy."

"I doubt it. I mean, you're going to be an amazing mother."

At those words, my heart warmed. It all felt so surreal, and just the thought of our little family had me tearing up. I turned my head to look at him and smiled slightly as I saw the reflection of the blue sparks in his gray eyes. He looked like he was at peace, and that made me happy to see.

"Thank you," I whispered, just for his ears. 

He cocked his head in confusion, "For what? Getting you pregnant? I'll have you know that that–"

I rolled my eyes and slapped a hand over his mouth, "Thank you for everything. You do so many sweet things for me, and I can't emphasize enough how much I appreciate it."

He smiled and pulled me into his arms, "Well, I don't mind a kiss to show your thanks."

"Of course you don't," I muttered, getting on my tiptoes. 

Our lips crashed together in their own explosion as my heart pounded in my ears with the boom of each firework that went off. It was just the two of us in a moment we would never have again in our lives, and it felt beyond heavenly.

Hey loves! This chapter is short because I just wanted it to be a continuation of the last part with the gender reveal. The next chapter is the epilogue, and I'll need about a week before I get started on The Beta's Admirer :)

So I love you all! *MWAH*