Chapter 33

WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER ALERT (explanation in author's note)

ALEXIS

If I had to use two words to describe marking, it would be 'painful pleasure'.

When Hudson's fangs dug into my neck, my eyes welled with tears from the pain, but once he stopped, all I felt was pleasure coursing through my veins. 

The mate bond that had clicked between us when we first met felt a thousand times stronger. Every emotion that he was experiencing at that moment traveled through the bond and overwhelmed my senses. 

Happiness. Adoration. Relief. Bliss.

Tears filled my eyes once again, but I knew that this time it was because I was overwhelmed by this bond and in a good way. The feeling of knowing that someone cared about you more than they cared about themselves was heartwarming. It made you feel like you could do anything with this person by your side.

I let out a shaky breath as Hudson pulled his fangs out and licked the mark carefully. When he pulled back, our eyes met and he cupped my cheeks gently. 

I was almost breathless by the intensity of his stare. He seemed to be memorizing every feature of my face and the look in his eyes as he did so made me want to shiver. They were dark with desire, but glowed with fondness.

"C-can I mark you now?" I whispered, afraid to break the atmosphere. 

A broad smile formed on his face and he pulled me back in for a passionate kiss. As our lips crashed together, he pushed the bowl behind me aside and placed me on the counter so I had easier access to his neck. 

I pulled my lips off of his despite his protests and kissed his jawline softly. A thought crossed my mind and my lips twitched into a small smirk at my new plan. My lips barely grazed his earlobe, my breath tickling his skin, causing small goosebumps to appear. I ran my lips down his neck and trailed my hand down to his abdomen, making him tense up.

"Alexis," he growled lowly, warning me not to tease him. 

I hummed and kissed the crook of his neck. A small shudder traveled through his body, and I could tell he was getting impatient. My fangs grazed his neck before I finally bit into him, warmth rushing through my body at the feeling.

His hands tightened around my waist as he buried his face in my shoulder and let out a quiet moan. I pulled back and studied the bloody mark carefully. It didn't look like much now, but after it healed, there would be a clear image. I licked the blood away and pulled away. He leaned his forehead against mine and smiled softly.

"I don't know if I'm traumatized or scared."

The two of us stiffened at the amused male voice, and I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment at the thought that someone had been watching us. Hudson turned around and glared at the man, "Boston, how long have you been you standing there?" 

Boston rolled his eyes and the grin on his face grew wider, "Keep your pants on. I just walked in in time to see Alexis finishing her marking. I didn't see anything before that, but I can guess what happened."

The glare on Hudson's face darkened and Boston shrugged, "It's not my fault you guys decided to that in the kitchen where anyone could walk in. Next time, take it to the bedroom. "

I blushed and buried my face in Hudson's back, "This is all your fault."

"It's not my fault. I wanted to mark you so I did. I didn't think anyone would walk in. I mean, I locked the doors."

I looked up at Boston, who pulled a key out of his pocket, "You shouldn't give me the house key if you don't want me walking in."

Hudson sighed, "Well, it's too late now. Don't tell anyone about, I want to do that myself."

Boston scratched his neck sheepishly, "Yeah, about that....IsortamindlinkedeveryonewhenIsaw."

"What?"

He raised his hands defensively, "Hey, it's important news. Our Luna has finally been marked."

Hudson pinched the bridge of his nose, "Great. Just great."

Boston looked at me, and I swiped a finger across my neck to show that he was going to be dead meat if he didn't leave. He got the gesture and said, "Well, I'm just going to go."

Hudson didn't say a word and the door slammed softly behind Boston, who pretty much ran out.  I got off the counter and walked over to him slowly. 

He looked up and placed a hand on my neck softly, smiling as his thumb traced my mark.

"Looks like we have a Luna ceremony to plan." 

Hey loves! I apologize for the late and short chapter. After a long week of tests, college apps, and sleepless nights, I have finally updated. The reason this chapter is short is because the next chapter is the Luna ceremony, which is very elaborate and I'm still planning how it should go. But I hope you guys liked this chapter regardless of how short it was.

I LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH* 

Nostalgia Moment of the Day: Remember when we used to believe Santa was real?