Chapter 2

Just so you guys know, anything that is italicised is the wolf speaking.

^ Pic of Alexis

HUDSON

"Devin, can you be quiet for two minutes? Or I swear to the Moon Goddess, I'm going to toss you out of the car," I snapped angrily.

Devin shut his mouth almost immediately and looked out the window to avoid my glare. I rolled my eyes and went back to reading through some pack reports. 

This was supposed to be a serious meeting to discuss the borders and rival packs. I couldn't have anyone messing this up with their senseless comments. We needed all the packs we could get to form a strong alliance.

"Alpha, the Burlington Pack is coming up in T-5," One of my pack warriors called out from the driver's seat.

I nodded and carefully placed the papers back in their respective folders, before observing the land as we got closer. There seemed to be several houses that formed a giant U-shape across the lands. In the middle of the rows of houses, there was one that was larger than the rest, which I assumed was the pack house. In the middle of the U, there were several warriors training vigorously under the instruction of the Gamma. 

My wolf yipped in approval as he saw how hard they were training. 

They can keep up with our warriors for sure. 

"So why is the pack name Burlington? Do they have an obsession with Burlington Coat Factory or something?"

I turned to give Devin another glare, causing his face to pale, "What did you say, Devin? I couldn't hear you right."

There was no reply.

"Good," I muttered just as the car came to a stop.

My pack warriors immediately got out to grab our bags while the rest of us got out of the vehicle. Almost immediately, Boston and Matthew stood behind me with their arms crossed and serious looks on their faces. Although, Boston's lips kept twitching as if he wanted to break into a smile.

I observed Alpha Horris and his Luna with a cool look. They both had dark brown hair, but Alpha Horris's eyes were silver and his Luna's were brown. He had a strong build that showed he wasn't someone people could step all over. 

He was going to be hard to crack, but it had to be done. We needed this agreement.

"Alpha Horris," I nodded.

"Alpha Hudson," he nodded back, "you look exactly like your father."

I cracked a small, proud smile at that even though I had heard it a million times. 

Alpha Horris gestured to his Luna, "This is my mate, Malia."

I put my hand out to shake hers, but she stepped forward and pulled me into a warm hug that caught me completely off guard. My wolf was rolling around laughing at my shocked expression, and I could hear Boston trying to muffle his laughter behind me.

Luna Malia pulled back and gave me an apologetic smile, "We're a family of huggers, or at least I am. I didn't mean to startle you."

I shook my head and smiled kindly, "No harm done."

She and my mom would get along great. My mom loved hugging random strangers, much to my dad's dismay.

Alpha Horris smiled wryly and nodded to a young man standing next to him, "This is my son, Neville."

I studied the future Alpha carefully. He had a playful glint in his eyes which told me he was much more laid-back than his father, but there was also a seriousness to his look that assured me he would be a good Alpha.