Chapter 50 Part 2

HUDSON 

I. Was. Beat. But even that was an understatement. 

If I had to look at one more report, I was ready to call it quits and become a rogue. And from the look on my dad's face when he walked into my office, I probably looked like one too. 

He pretty much picked me up by the collar and yelled at me for overworking myself before having Boston drag me back to my house so I could clean myself up and take a nap. 

I was almost certain that Matthew called my dad after I nearly strangled a pack warrior for grunting too loudly while fighting. 

However, in my defense, he didn't need to sound like a lawn mower while wrestling someone to the ground. I let it slide the first few times, but it got on my nerves when he didn't stop. 

It didn't help that my wolf was pissed and kept growling at everything he didn't like. He did not appreciate the fact that we hadn't been able to spend enough time with Alexis. He just wanted to cuddle with his mate and listen to the heartbeat of our pup but that wasn't possible with the workload I had. 

So altogether, I was worse than a she-wolf on her period. 

I collapsed on the couch and groaned loudly as the pounding in my head got worse. Boston yanked my shoes off and dropped them by the door before heading upstairs, probably trying to find Alexis. 

It was quiet for a few moments before there was a soft patter of footsteps coming down the stairs. The familiar scent of honeysuckles filled my nostrils, and I felt myself relax as Alexis brushed the hair away from my forehead.

"Long time no see, stranger," she whispered, kissing my forehead with a chuckle.

"Don't remind me," I muttered, pulling her close so I could hide my face in the crook of her neck. 

She scratched my scalp gently and kissed the top of my head, "Go to sleep. We can talk when you wake up."

I hummed in reply and soon, I was knocked out.

***

I thought I would be in a good mood once I woke up, but nope. The moment I saw it was dark outside, I felt pissed all over again. 

The meeting with The Council was tomorrow and the assessment day for all the potential new pack warriors was the day I came back, so I had no time in between to finish the stupid training reports. 

That only meant one thing. I had to pull an all-nighter.

I growled angrily and ripped the blanket off my body before stalking to the kitchen to get some food. When I entered the kitchen, my eyes immediately landed on the piles of papers on the island before Alexis, who was writing furiously.

My anger went up a few notches when I realized she was still finalizing the paperwork required for the meeting tomorrow. 

I gave her these papers three days ago, and she still didn't finish. What the f uck was she doing this whole time? I worked my ass off and finished the same amount of work in one day. 

"You didn't finish the paperwork I gave you?" I said through clenched teeth, trying to keep myself from exploding.

She jumped in surprise and turned around to look at me as I moved closer to the island, "Hudson, you scared me. I finished most of the medical reports, I just have–"

I slammed my fist on the counter, cutting her off and causing her to flinch.

"Are you f ucking kidding me? You're not done? What have you been doing these past three days?" I yelled, slowly releasing all of my pent-up anger.

I wanted to punch the wall. Of course, something else had to go wrong. From the looks of how much she had got through, I would be late to the meeting because I would have to finish the finalizations on top of everything else. 

Alexis furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean by–"

"If you didn't think you would finish, why didn't you ask for help? I'm sure Boston or Matthew could have taken the load off your hands," I snapped again.

"I–"

I held up my hand to stop her from giving me excuses, "I don't want to hear it. "

"But Hudson–"

"Your dad said you were trained to be an Alpha. Where the f uck did all your training go? You're supposed to be able to handle large amounts of work at once. It doesn't even matter if you're not an Alpha, even as a Luna you should be able to handle a heavy load. And you definitely should not procrastinate! Don't even give me the excuse that you're pregnant–"

"Hudson. Marvel. Benett. Get your ass outside right now."

I turned my head and glared at my dad, who was standing there with his arms crossed and a furious look on his face. Boston stood beside him with his mouth slightly open as his eyes went back and forth between me and Alexis.

At that moment, I realized that I was leaning over the island and yelling inches away from Alexis's face. My claws were out and gripping the tile so hard that there were tiny cracks surrounding them. I backed away slowly and tried to ignore the hurt look in her eyes. 

She seemed ready to cry.

And I was so angry that I was passed the point of caring. It was like I felt she deserved to be embarrassed.

I stormed out the back door and down the stairs as I heard my dad following me out after saying something to Alexis.

"What the hell do you think you were doing?" He asked, yanking my shoulder so I faced him.

I glared at my feet as my chest heaved with every breath. My blood was still boiling in my veins. 

He stared me down for a few moments before shaking his head, "Go for a run, Hudson. You're out of control right now. We'll talk once you get back."

I didn't say a word and quietly shifted into my wolf before running into the woods.

Well, someone's in trouble. Now, who understands Hudson's anger? Do any of you empathize/sympathize with him? On the other hand, who feels sorry for Alexis? What do you think she was trying to say? What do you think will happen next? Why am I asking so many questions?

P.S. If you wish to kill me, this is the line to the do it on. Curse me out as much as you would like. 

LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*

*runs into hiding*