Chapter 46 Part 1

I'm on a roll ayyyyy....well actually, I was kinda mentally prepared for this chapter. Oh well.

Slightly short chapter, but y'all will like the ending/transition to the next chapter.

BOSTON

I dropped to my knees on the floor beside her and pulled her hands away from her mouth.

"Why Gracie? What happened?" I asked hoarsely.

She shook her head as a sob escaped her. I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around her, trying to comfort her the best I could with our newly formed mate bond.

But a part of me felt like this was my fault. That she was doing this because of me.

I swallowed hard and hugged her trembling form closer, "G–Gracie, if I did this to you–"

She pulled back and stared at me in shock, her cheeks wet with tears, "No, Boston! No."

I expected her to say more, but she got up, flushed the toilet, and started washing her hands and rinsing her mouth out. I watched patiently, and when she was done, she sat back down with her back against the cabinets.

It seemed like she was hesitating to say something so I decided to wait patiently till she was comfortable.

"I–," she cleared her throat, "I haven't f–forced myself to throw up in four years."

"Then what changed? Why today?" I asked quietly. 

She shook her head and stared at her fingers, "Coming back here triggered a lot of memories. Ones I don't want to recall."

My mind raced with all sorts of thoughts. 

How could I ask her to stay with me when she felt so much pain just being here? How could I ask her to give up being a tracker to be my Gamma female? Should I just ask her to reject me so she could be happy?

"Boston," she said, grabbing my attention, "You don't want me."

I blinked and gave her an incredulous look, "And how do you know what I want?"

"When we went to school together, I watched you tell everyone you would wait for your mate no matter what, that you would accept her no matter what. But this isn't going to work Boston, we have nothing in common. Just find someone better, someone who deserves your kind heart."

She was wrong. I would not find someone better. I just had to prove that to her. 

I chuckled, "Let me ask you something, do you believe in the Moon Goddess? Do you trust her?"

She cocked her head a little and nodded, "Yeah?"

"See, we have that in common and if you trust the Moon Goddess, then you trust her to make the right decisions for you right?"

She nodded again.

"The Moon Goddess made the decision to put us together. You may feel pain right now, Gracie. But I'm here to take away that pain," I said, pulling a stray hair away from her face.

I waited for her to react to my words. 

Her face slowly went from calm to happy to tearful again.

"I didn't wait for you," she whispered, looking down at the ground in shame.

I placed my fingers under her chin and pulled it up so I could look her in the eye, "So what? You didn't know I existed. It's not like you did it to spite me. You did what you thought would make you happy at the time and if that did make you happy, who am I to get angry at that?"

She burst into tears and wrapped her arms around my neck, sobbing into my chest. I chuckled and blinked away my own tears.

"We'll take it slow," I said, squeezing her to me. I felt her nod against my chest and smiled, laying my head on top of hers.

Finally, I had my mate in my arms

***

ALEXIS

I paced back and forth nervously. What was happening with Boston and Gracie? Did she accept him? What was taking so long? 

Hudson watched me pace back and forth while eating some peaches that I had accidentally cut up in my nervousness.

"Alexis, sit down. You're going to wear yourself out," he said, pulling me down beside him.

"I just want to know what happened to them," I sighed, laying my head on his shoulder.

He chuckled and kissed the top of my head, "You are too cute."

"How did you get cute from what I just said?"

"You're cute because you care about everyone else so much. You live up to your heart."

"Very funny. Well, I'm going to go shower now."

I got up and headed upstairs slowly, my mind still rotating around the topic of Gracie and Boston. 

I didn't know how long I spent in the shower just thinking until Hudson knocked on the door, "Alexis? Are you alright?"

I snapped out of my daze and scrambled to get my towel, "I'm coming out!"

When the towel was securely wrapped around my body, I yanked the door open only to find myself shoved against the wall gently as Hudson frisked me.

"I was so worried, you were in there for like forty-five minutes," he rambled, his hands flying over my body. 

The room suddenly felt a lot warmer than it was before. 

I tried to act like I wasn't affected by his rough hands grazing my skin, but it was kind of hard not to when it felt like my nerve endings were on fire. A shiver wracked through my body, causing Hudson to stop his roaming hands.  

His eyes widened when he realized our position and he swallowed hard as he looked me up and down. He let out a low growl of appreciation and gripped my waist tightly.

That made me snap.

I yanked his shoulders and got on my tiptoes just as his lips crashed into mine. He hardly gave me a chance to inhale before devouring my mouth voraciously.

I wanted to moan at the taste of his lips. They tasted like peaches and something else that had me aching for more.

One of his hands gripped my thigh hard and pulled it up so I could wrap it around his hip. As if on instinct, he rammed his hips against mine, making me whimper.

His lips traveled down my neck, kissing and biting in random places until he reached my mark. He sucked on it roughly and bit down gently before licking it until the burn went away.

I was practically trembling with desire and the only reason I was still standing was because he had me pinned to the wall.

He pulled away and let out a deep groan as he stared down at me.

Why the hell did he stop? 

At this point, I was completely ready to go all the way. Fuck waiting.

I trailed a finger down his chest, "Are you ready?"

He rolled his eyes and picked me up randomly, causing me to squeak. At this angle, I could feel his large er*ction brushing against me as he walked towards the bed.

"Does it look like I'm not?" He asked, breathing harshly against my lips. 

I chuckled and yanked his collar so our lips meshed together once again. 

^That is not a cliffhanger. Y'all know what's going to happen. Lol, but because you guys want details, I have to some extra time writing the scene. So expect an update either tomorrow or Sunday with some especially mature content.

But what about Boston and Gracie? Do you like Gracie?

I LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*