Chapter 34 Part 2

^sort of what I had in mind for Alexis' Luna dress.

ALEXIS

My father did not look happy. I didn't think he even noticed that Hudson was standing right next to me. He was glaring at me and all I could do was stare at him like a deer in the headlights.

I was screwed and there was no one to blame but myself. My parents had made me promise that I would keep in contact and keep them up to date on everything, but I hadn't exactly done that.

Plus, he said my middle name which gave away how much trouble I was in.

He started moving towards us, his eyes trained on me, "Young lady, you must have given me fifty gray hairs this past week! Your mother nearly fainted when she found out that you were becoming the Luna. You didn't even think of telling us! What were you– "

He finally noticed Hudson, and his eyes widened as they trailed over Hudson's arms which were wrapped around me. Then his eyes darted up to our necks and they nearly bulged out of their sockets at the sight of our fresh marks. 

"Well then," he huffed, "You have a lot of explaining to do, Alexis. Your mother, brother, and Sasha are waiting for you at Lewis and Dorothy's place."

A hesitant smile grew on my face, "They're here as well?"

"Yes, and if you think I'm scary, wait till you see Sasha. She is absolutely furious."

I swallowed, "Okay, I'll be there in a second."

I  turned to Hudson and gave him a desperate look. The man just chuckled and pecked my lips quickly, "I'll see you later."

How dare he leave me to the wolves?

My wolf covered her face with her tail. 

I'm not here. I had nothing to do with this.

Then, she blocked off our communication. 

I groaned quietly and followed my dad, who seemed quite surprised by Hudson's display of affection. Then again, the last time he saw us, we were avoiding each other. 

He didn't say anything as we walked, but I sensed his wolf fuming and pacing back and forth in his head. He opened the front door for me and the moment I stepped in, five pairs of eyes landed on me– three of those pairs were glaring at me. 

Shit.

***

Three hours and one long lecture later, Sasha and my mom decided it was finally time to help me get ready for the ceremony. 

"So sweetie, do you have a dress yet?" My mom asked, rummaging through a few of the bags they had brought with them.

"Not quite. Hudson's sister had offered me a dress I could borrow, but I haven't had a look at it yet."

My mom didn't say anything and turned around to face me, holding up a large garment bag.

"I was thinking. Would you like to wear the dress I wore for my Luna ceremony?"

My mouth fell open as my eyes darted back and forth between her and the garment bag, "Are you serious?"

"Of course I am, sweetie. You only get to have one Luna ceremony in your life."

I got up and took the garment bag from her hands, "I would love to, mom. Thank you."

Her eyes became misty as she studied my face, "I can't believe you're all grown up. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. Your father had fainted after seeing all of the blood–"