No skeletons in the closet

"All honesty?" Ryou rested his hands on his tummy, his back to the ground and the ceiling over his head. "I never really liked Duel Monsters all that much. I have a deck because my friends do, and I learned to play so I wouldn't feel left out. But I much prefer Monster World."

Mariku chuckled softly. His head turned to face him, he lay back and put his hands behind his head. This was comfort.
"So you wouldn't be up for a duel monsters game right now?"

"Absolutely not. I don't even have my deck with me."
He turned his body and laid on his side, reaching out a hand to poke Mariku's ribs. "Go, your turn."

"Agh, must I?"

"You must! I shared something."

Mariku tapped his chin and considered his options. There was so much that Ryou hadn't known about him, so there was so much he could say. But why would he say them? Not only would Ryou be creeped out, frightened, or even disgusted, it could count as a confession to several felonies. What was something to share that was, like, low key?
"I uh..." he thought and thought and thought. "I'm not really sure what I should say."

"Anything. Feelings, deeds, lack of deeds. Fetishes."

"Fetishes? Oh, okay," he sneered. "Toe sucking."

"You're kidding."

"I am, but I scared you, didn't I?"

Ryou sighed in relief. "I accept you as you are, but there are just some things that I will not tolerate."

"Even if I liked your toes that much?"

"Especially then. I'll wear socks for the rest of my life."
Ryou reaches for Mariku's hand and intertwined their fingers, giggling.
"Isn't there anything that you haven't told me?"

Mariku thought some more. "Full disclosure: I'm scared."

"Of?"

"Everything. Specifically my future."

Ryou pursed his lips. "Everyone worries about their future. It's certainly not something to fear, though." he squeezed Mariku's hand. "And I will be with you through everything, so you don't have to be scared."

Something in Mariku shifted, his eyes glossy and wide. He looked at Ryou. "Do you really think we're gonna last that long? Long enough for you to...be a part of my future?"

"Only time will tell, but..." Ryou looked at him too, offering him a warm, comforting smile. "I believe in us."

Mariku didn't, but didn't dare say that. He merely looked back up at the ceiling, letting Ryou scoot closer to him. The bedroom floor was their resting spot for the evening, since Ryou hadn't finished making their bed and Mariku preferred to hog the fluffy blanket by laying on it. Ryou had joined him, and so there they were. Looking up, not looking back.

"Do you think about your future a lot?"

Mariku shrugged. "I like to stay in the present, I'm aware of what's currently happening. Everything just feels better in the now."

"That makes sense. Explains a lot of your impulsive decisions, too."

"I guess so."

"Do you think we're gonna last together?"

Mariku chewed the inside of his cheek. "I want to last."

"Me too," Ryou's body was now right next to his, his leg right against Mariku's. It's presence was alarming, for some reason. "I guess I can go again, disclose something else."

"Yeah."

"I...hm..." Ryou's face flushed. "I've never had sex. Or been touched outside of a hug."