Take the compliment, you wanker

The light of the morning sun was burning Mariku's eyeballs, regardless that they were closed. He wanted to swat at the light with his hand but he was still too tired to deal with it.
He turned his face so he wouldn't have to deal with it, frowning.

Ryou turned over his shoulder and noticed this, so he got up to quickly draw the curtains shut, then he scurried back to bed and snuggled under the covers where it was comfy and warm.

"Thank you, Creampuff..." he yawned and wrapped his free arm around him.

"Oh, please..." he flipped and wrapped his arms around him, snuggling him. "There's more where that came from!"

Mariku smiled, letting his Creampuff hold him close and kiss his nose.

Ryou kissed his forehead and leaned upward, letting his kissed trail down his cheek and to his ear, gently moving his lips against the lobe.

"What the hell are you doing?"

He didn't answer except with, "I thought I told you to wash behind your ears, more."

"Ryou...are you trying to seduce me?"

He shook his head. "I'm not trying to make this sexy...especially since I haven't brushed my teeth yet..."

Mariku smiled smugly at him, stretching out his arm and curling Ryou in his grasp. "Excuses, excuses..."

Ryou clicked his tongue, but still he leaned against his Stud Muffin and let his hand rest on Mariku's side.

He began to prattle. "I feel that I don't compliment you enough."

"If you compliment me too much, I will get spoiled. That's what happened to you, isn't it?"

"Oh. Oh. Okay. Well." Ryou turned around and lay on his other side. "Maybe that's why I don't tell you things."

Spooning him, Mariku moved his hair and kissed him beneath his ear. "What things...?"

"Just the regular, sappy, mushy stuff. I don't think you'd like it."

"No, Creampuff..." he moved on top of him, crushing him with his weight. Ryou even made a "Houuughhh" sound as he felt his rib cage defend his organs. But this was what couples did. Mariku purred and said, "I want the mush."

"Okay, okay." Ryou giggled and let Mariku move back so he could get up and look him in the eyes, also being able to breathe.
"You're very handsome, for starters. And you're sweeter than you think you are. You're like...oh, what is it called...?"

"Chocolate?" He grinned.

"No. No, I'm not making skin tone comparisons, not today."
Mariku snickered (get it? Cuz that's a chocolate?).

"...hm...oh! You're like a potato."

"Oh. Thanks. I really do love being a potato."

"No sarcasm yet, let me finish!" He went on. "Exposed to warmth—"

"And butter."

"STOPPIT."

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm done, continue."

Ryou shot him a glare. "A potato is usually all hard and—"

"Brown."

He sighed. "It's too early for this, Mariku."

"I can go all day. Fight me, Creampuff."

Ryou squinted and, surprisingly, responded, "You know what? I will."
And he lunged for him, tackling him down.

Mariku was caught off guard and Creampuff wrestled him down, pinning his arms to his sides. He sat perched on his stomach and triumphantly grinned.

"Take that."

"...Creampuff. Don't make me do this."

Ryou raised his brows. "Are you holding back?"

"I'm telling you that I'm not about to be. The question is whether you want me to do that or not."

"I can take it."

Mariku inhaled slowly. "Okay. But I warned you."

He put little effort into fighting Ryou's grasp, since it didn't need much at all. Freeing his arms, he sat up and Ryou slid back to sit on his lap. Mariku used his free hands to hold Ryou's face in his hands and kissed him gently on the mouth.

Ryou had tried to fight him off but he was giggling with his mouth closed. He leaned into the kiss, moving his hands up Mariku's shirt to run his fingers against his skin. Mariku bent his knees to let him lean back onto something. And to trap him.

"Creampuff...baby..."
Mariku looked like he was sleepy again. Dreamy, almost. And he was begging him, because Ryou knew that face.

He felt hot. Temperature wise, of course. He was still in his pajama pants and pajama shirt, trapped between Mariku's torso and his legs. And Mariku was breathing onto his skin.

Ryou spoke quietly. "You hardly ever call me 'baby'..."

Mariku's lips against his cheeks and neck felt like electricity. Tingles were all around, engulfing him in whatever Mariku wanted from Ryou.

"Stud...?"

His eyes met his own, almost embarrassed that he had to ask.
"Can you...can you kiss me...?" And he bit his lip. "...kiss me where you know I love to be kissed."

Ryou smiled and pinched Mariku's flushed cheeks. Then he took both of Mariku's hands and kissed them against the knuckles.

Mariku's smile was unlike any other.

His hands were tough. Not quite calloused, but they weren't soft to the touch. Strong, firm, and dangerous. But Ryou treated them delicately. Mariku loved that.

These hands, clutching knives, grabbing throats, tearing into flesh— it didn't matter. Ryou didn't care because he knew Mariku's hands were a part of him. And since he loved him, he loved all of him.