Melvin's new feeling

Melvin quietly snuck in, shutting the door behind him without any force to it at all. He looked around the dark room.
Ryou was asleep in their bed, most likely, and all Melvin needed to do was grab a bite to eat and then try curling up next to him without waking him up.

Well, Melvin wasn't a very lucky person.

He carefully and quietly opened the fridge. As he tried scavenging around for something (preferably meat, if they had any), he heard someone clear their throat behind him.
"Sh*t..." He cursed, and slowly turned around so see Ryou, who looked tired in his pajamas. His arms were crossed, he tapped his foot, and he was not having it.

"So." Let's see if he'll lie to me. "Where have you been, this time of night?"

"Um..." Melvin didn't have much time to say anything before Ryou stepped closer and inspected his clothes, seeing blood and smelling this aroma that only death carried. Instead of a gasp, he heavily groaned and rubbed his temples. He looked up with eyes that Melvin has never seen before.
Eyes filled with...disappointment.

"You were out killing...weren't you?"

Melvin stuttered, not sure how to respond. Ryou caught him red-handed, so all he could do was guiltily smile.

Ryou sighed. "Melvin...we talked about this-"

"I know, okay, I know. I just..."

"You just what? I know you were so used to it before, but need I remind you that killing innocent people is wrong!" Ryou scolded, slamming the fridge door shut.

There goes my chance to eat tonight... Melvin thought, hungry.

"Did what we talk about even stick in that psychopathic head of yours? We talked for an hour, Melvin, two at most! You said you would try to stop!"

"I am trying!"

"Well, obviously not!" Ryou pouted. "When do you think you'll ever stop? Why aren't you trying?"

Melvin had never seen this side of Ryou before. It was almost just like Yami Bakura, only Ryou's hair was (slightly) more controlled, his voice was still the same, and he wasn't throwing death threats. He looked like he just needed a cup of coffee and a hairbrush.

But still...Ryou was never this upset with Melvin before. Whenever Melvin did something a little off, Ryou would just say "Melvin!" in a scolding way, in that cute little accent of his.

Right now, Ryou was not cute.

"...I..."

Ryou crossed his arms again, not sure what kind of response Melvin would concoct.

"...I'm...sorry...?"
The fact that it sounded like a question really ticked Ryou off.

So badly did Ryou want to scream at Melvin for going against his word, but it seemed like he already got the point across. So instead of pressing the issue further, he released a heavy sigh and said, "I'm going back to bed." Before turning away completely, he looked Melvin in the eyes and frowned.
"I'm very disappointed in you, Melvin."

Then he walked back to the bedroom, exhausted and upset.

Melvin didn't know how to react, or what to think. He hated that feeling. It was a new feeling that he didn't know very well, but it didn't feel good. It wasn't sadness or anger, nor sickness. He kinda felt, the only word he could think of...

...bad.

Although it was late, he contemplated this feeling. It was bugging him so much, and he wanted to get rid of it. Immediately. The feeling wouldn't go away.