The Dealer

Ryou looked around, pulling his sweater more tightly to his chest. It was cold and dark at this time of night, but this is where he said he would be. It was where he always was; and Ryou would get his drug. That would be it.

Even in the alleyway, he felt like he could be seen by everyone. He wasn't sure if it was a good idea to be back again, but he felt unsatisfied. He needed this like air in his lungs.

But what if it was wrong? He hardly knew the guy. He wasn't sure if he should've come back. Could he still leave?

A voice from the dark answered his question. "Who are you waiting for?"

Ryou turned, seeing a tall man with unusual hair leaning against the wall.

"It depends." He composed himself to ask, "Do you have it?"

The man laughed and gave a firm nod. "But you do it here."

"You said it be more expensive today." Ryou reached into his pocket. "How much?"

"Not money, this time." The man stepped closer, and Ryou stepped back. "Do you want your stuff or not?"

"I do!"

"Okay. Then come here."

Ryou stepped closer to him, and curled up in his arms. Melvin pulled him close, giving him a tight squeeze.

Instantly, Ryou felt a soothing warmth in his chest. Being this close to someone for just a moment of affection was all he needed to keep going.

A few tears shed from his eyes, even though he was feeling much better than before.

Melvin said, "Crying is a little extra."

"That's fine..." Ryou sniffled, pulling him closer.

Finally they parted.

"Alright." Melvin tapped his lips with his finger. "Pay up."

"...what?"

"I think you know what this means."

Ryou shifted his weight. "You're not asking for money?"

"Nope." He tapped his lips again. "Affection isn't free."

Stepping closer, Ryou held onto Melvin's shoulders and quickly pecked his face.

"That's cheating." Melvin frowned, unsatisfied. "And you owe me for crying."

Ryou squirmed. "Do I...?"

"Yes. And make it count." Melvin smiled and relaxed his shoulders. "Sweep me off my feet."

Reluctantly, Ryou kissed him, finding that he soon melted into it. They stood for several minutes, kissing and, for some reason, smiling.

Ryou pulled away, and said, "Keep the change."

Melvin laughed. "Okay. You're not getting an extra hug, though."

"I know. But I'll be seeing you again soon."

Melvin laughed, and the hug dealer disappeared into the night.

Hugs, not drugs.