»35«

Scarlett woke up with a soft gasp at the sound of her phone vibrating. She squinted and reached out for it. "Hey," She said in a hoarse voice and looked at the caller ID, squinting at the bright light. "what's up?"

She was met with silence.

"Stiles? She frowned. "You there?"

"Scar?" Stiles whispered. "Hey, I'm here."

The tiredness was gone and she sat up in the bed. "Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

"I- I don't I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here." He whimpered. "I think . . . I- I think I was sleepwalking."

"W- Wha- Can you- Can you see anything? Just tell me what you see."

"It's- It's dark, it's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my-" The call disconnected and Scarlett's eyes widened.

She stared down at the phone and her breathing grew heavier. Her heartbeat was frantic and erratic and she called his cell.

The call was sent to his voicemail. "Hey! This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message."

"No," She hung up and called again. "no, no, no, no, no. Come on."

"Hey! This is St-"

"Come on, come on."

"Hey! This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message."

She called again.

"Hey! This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message."

She called again and again and again.

"Hey! This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message." . . . "Hey! This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message." . . . "Hey! This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message."

She tried again.

"Scar . . . ?"

"Stiles?!"

"I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move. I- I d- I don't know where I am, it's too dark. I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something, and it's . . . I think it's bleeding." He cried.

"Ble-" She could barely find the words to speak. "How bad? Stiles, how bad is it?" Silence . . . "Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?"

"There's some kind of smell down here." He sniffed. "Something smells terrible, it's brutal. My eyes are watering."

Exhaling heavily, she ran a hand through her hair and turned the nightlight on. "Okay, listen, I'm calling your dad."

"Wai- No, no, no, no, don't."

"But, your dad-"

"Don't. Just please don't call him." Stiles pleaded. "Promise me you won't. He already worries about me too much. Scar, please." He whimpered.