»32«

"Malia?"

Only seconds after having stared the coyote straight in its bright blue eyes, the shapeshifter had taken off and ran away.

It's Malia.

Her twin appeared, running up to Scarlett with his eyes bright and blood red. Scarlett's eyes glowed a bright blue. "What happened?" Panted Scott.

Scarlett stared. Her eyes continued to glow and she breathed, "It's Malia."

Stiles had found a coyote den, undoubtedly Malia's, as her old clothes and a stuffed animal was there. The trio called the Sheriff, and soon he had come with his deputies with him, and when the three teenagers explained to him what had happened during the night, Stilinski was slightly sceptic. "And you're sure it was her?"

"I looked her right in the eyes." Little Twin said. "And they glowed, just like mine. They glowed blue."

Sheriff Stilinski frowned. "I thought blue meant that a werewolf has killed?"

"Yeah. That doesn't matter right now, Sheriff. It's Malia." She insisted. "I know it is."

"But it wasn't a girl." He said. "It was a four legged coyote, right?"

Stiles stuttered at first. "W- Well, okay, but yeah, see that's the point that we haven't exactly have figured out yet."

"Okay," Scott said. "but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving then anything could have happened."

"Horrible things could have happened." The human boy said. "Ripping, shredding, tearing things."

"Which is probably what caused the accident."

"Think about it, Dad, alright? They're driving, Malia starts to change. She goes out of control, the mom crashes, and everybody dies. Except for Malia. She blames herself, right? Goes off running to the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote."

"That makes sense."

The trio sighed in relief.

"In a Chinese folktale! Kids, this is . . . this is insane. I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr Tate hearing about this."

Scarlett glanced to her left. "Scott?" Her brother was frowing. "Scott, you okay?"

"Yeah." He breathed with a nod. "Sorry."

"Oh, hell." Hissed the Sheriff as Rafael McCall's car pulled up. Out stepped not only McCall, but Henry Tate, as well. "Mr Tate . . ."

"Mr Tate?" The eldest McCall asked.

"It's hers." His voice cracked.

"Dad-"

"I'll talk to you kids in a minute." He interupted Scott. "I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom is okay with you two running around the woods this late."

McCall left to see the den and walked past his kids with the Sheriff close behind. Scarlett bit down on the insides of her cheeks and a silent grown erupted from her throat. She took a step forward, making Stiles react in a slight panic and grab her by the wrist. "Woah! Calm down."