»29«

"Derek?" Stiles shook the unconscious alpha

"Derek?" Stiles shook the unconscious alpha. He raised his hand and slapped Derek. "Derek, COME ON!" He slapped him again. Scarlett stood behind him and watched as Stiles screamed for Hale to wake up. The tears had finally stopped running, but only because her body could no longer cry. "DEREK!" Screamed Stiles. He raised his open palm and decides to curl his fingers into a fist, and inhaled deeply. Stiles brought his hand down, about to punch him, when the alpha grabbed the human boy by the wrist, eyes wide.

The lights flickered above them and Hale took in his surroundings. "Where is she?" Breathed Derek.

"Jennifer?" Panted Stilinski. "She's gone, with the twins' mom."

Shocked, Derek growled, "She took her?" and frowned.

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay, so we need to get you out of here. The police are coming right now. We gotta get you the hell out of here."

"Woah." The frown grew. "What about Cora?"

"She's safe." Stiles said. "Isaac and Peter got her away, they're meeting up with the Argents right now. Derek, you have to go. Now! Go!"

*

Scarlett stood still. Numb. Her lips parted and she wanted to say something, scream something, but she could not. Eyes wide, she stared at the man they had sent from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Her phone slipped between her fingers and hit the ground with a loud clash. No. Scarlett shook her head. No. No. Oh, no . . .

"I don't suppose you want to give your old man a hug?" Said Rafael McCall. Before a single thought had even gotten the chance to cross her mind, Scarlett raised her hand. Her open palm collided with her father's cheek and the sound caught everyone's attention, Stiles' included. McCall nodded. "Okay," He pursed his lips. "I'll admit, I deseved that one."

"Scar," Stiles said softly. He reached forward and took her hand in his, entwining their fingers and pulling her back. Scarlett sat down next to the human boy and sighed heavily, leaning forward and hiding her face in her palms.

"A Stilinski at the centre of this whole mess. What a shocker." Said McCall and looked down at Stiles. "Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

Pouting his lower lip, Stiles said, "If you can ask the questions without the usual level of stupid."

McCall could not help but to smile at the comment. "Where's your dad and why has no one been able to contact him?"