ATHL: 20

-People are so unoriginal that it's sad! Thanks for all the loyal readers that COMMENT and VOTE!

"They say think before you say, but what about think before you do?"

20

R E C A P

"Who was the one told you about this," asked Devin ignoring what Tunchi said and the obvious smirk on his face.

"A nigga named Daniel," said Tunchi with the same smirk.

Devin started to think?

"You said the nigga name was Rodney right," asked Devin.

"Yea," said Tunchi as Devin smirked.

"Then we gone have to make a U turn," said Devin as turned the car around almost making Tunchi fall out his seat.

"What the fuck you doing Mann, dey' said dey' got some info about the nigga already," said Tunchi getting pissed off and you could tell from the veins popping out the side of his neck and his nose that flared.

Devin turned his head and looked at him, shaking his head at how naive his right hand was.

"You need to fuckin' stop listenin' to all da' shit that pop out ah' mah'fucka mouth when I know more nigga," said Devin as Tunchi got back to his regular state giving Devin all ears to continue.

"Rodney must be one of dem' mess up a home type ah' bitches 'cause he not only got ya' dad, but he got Shanies' mom hooked on det' shit," said Devin making Tunchi smirked.

"Dets' wassup, so we finna' step through," asked Tunchi forgetting about their previous argument.

"Fasho'," said Devin.

They made it too 'Reconstructional Rehab' no later than five minutes because of Devin's reckless driving and now they were at the front desk being waited on by a white woman, blue eyes, and dirty blonde hair.

"Hi my name is Sandy. Are you here for the pa--

Devin being who he was interrupted her, ready to get to business.

"Nah were here to see one of the patients, Vanessa Wright," said Devin as the lady looked on the computer for Vanessa.

"Well, she is in there taking her med--

"I'm ha' son, I ain't seen her since I dropped her off and this my only free day from college in NY so I came along way to see her. I promise I want stay dat' long," lied Tunchi making Devin laugh in the inside, but on the outside share the same pleading look as Tunchi.

Sandy did some typing on her computer then looked back up at Devin and Tunchi.

"Only five minutes because after she takes her medicine, she will get tired and will be out like a light. Follow me," she said walking from behind the receptionist desk and infront of Devin and Tunchi leading them too the back.

They went to the left and down the hall to the first door, A100.

Sandy pulled out her keys and unlocked the door, walking in with Devin and Tunchi to see Vanessa on the bed with her eyes closed.

To Devin she looked better than before. Her hair was up in a ponytail and her face didn't look as a bashed up as before but clear. She just had on some pajamas as she looked up at them.

"Mrs. Wright do you know th--

She smiled. "Y-yea I d-do," she said happy that she had got some visitors.

She had thought that Shanie would come visit her once she heard from Devin that she was trying to get better for the sake of her, but after a couple days she didn't get a visit from anyone, until today.

"Okay well, I'm going to step out for five minutes then I'll be back to tuck you in, okay," asked Sandy.

"Yes ma'am," said Vanessa speaking to the woman that looked as if she could be her own child, she looked no older than Shanie to Vanessa.

Sandy smiled walking out the room as Vanessa stood and gave Devin something unexpected: a hug.

He reluctantly hugged her back, but after a couple seconds they departed.

She didn't hug Tunchi just waved as he waved back, going to sit back on her unmade bed.

"Thanks for putting me in rehab and coming to visit on July 4th. I know you guys must have been r-really busy with my daughter and family," said Vanessa studdering, but pulling herself together as she looked in Devin's hazel eyes.

"We actually came here to ask you 'bout Rodney," said Devin trying to be cordial, but as he tapped his foot he wanted to rush the info he needed from her about Rodney out, but I'll remind you. He was trying to be cordial.

Not so much as Tunchi.

She looked at Devin with an eyebrow raised wondering why he would ask her about Rodney knowing she was trying to get past that.

"Rodney? Why are you asking me about Rodney," she asked not being prepared for Tunchi.

"Just like he drugged ya' ass he drugged my pops, but he da' one ended up dead when I was fourteen. We need to know were he is," he said breaking it all down to her.

She nodded understanding where he came from, "What's ya' dad's name," she asked.

"Titus," he said with a slight tense in his body being noticed by Devin as Vanessa couldn't believe it.

Titus wasn't going with Rodney, but they were bestfriends and he had been introduced to Vanessa as that and she had even knew from countless conversations with him that he had a child and a dead fiancé and smoking was his release that Rodney got'm hooked on. He just died while Vanessa got the chance to live.

She told herself that even though that was her 'past' she would let them know were she last seen Rodney before she ran away.. And more.

"He has his own house Fairwell Drive and that's the last place I was before I up and left. He also has a trap house on the corner of West Fifth," she said as they both smiled as soon as they heard Sandy's chirpy voice come in to the room.

"I think it's time for you guys to leave," she said looking at her clock that read five o'clock.

They got up giving Vanessa a hug telling her 'thank you' in her ear as she said 'good luck knowing it was the right thing to do at that moment and they would need all the luck they could get dealing with somebody as conniving as Rodney.

"What are we going to do now?" Asked Tunchi once they were seated inside of Devin's truck.

"We gone wait," said Devin making Tunchi raise his voice and say,

"What tha' fuck you mean, we just got were this nigga laid his head."

Devin hit his head tired of Tunchi bashing him about what he was doing.

He knew what the fuck he was doing, he thought.

"You right Tunchi, but you can't always think witcha' gun, but ya' gotta think witcha' head. Set up a meeting for tomorrow, and then we gone figure all this shit out, Iight," asked Devin unsure if he had Tunchi apart of the plan.

"I gotchu'," said Tunchi after a minute thinking that he could trust Devin's instincts over his own.

Thanks to @leschea for the idea

*comment*

*vote*

*Drama to come*