ATHL:Prologue

"This man is clearly guilty and it has shown from his previous record on the case, which shows that he had amount of cocaine on him that was worth millions, so what is it to say that he shouldn't be locked up for being in the car with the same amount of drugs, for this man to even be on the streets is a hazard to the city and affecting a lot of our people and it needs to be dealt with," said the man to the jury, he was good but not good enough for the lawyer he was up against.

"First off I would like to clarify that nothing is pushed into anyone's hand, In other words these drugs are not forced into any ones hand and not shoved down their noses, mouths, or shot through their arms so why should this man be put up for it, exactly there's apparently no reason because my client has done nothing wrong for the fact that the evidence that was found was not even entitled under his car and the car that was broken into which was without a warrant was an unknown individual. Therefore this was done without a warrant and without anyone to pay the price for the crime. Now I could see if my client was their at the time, and this was his vehicle, but it looks like its no case to me,"  Shanie Wright spoke in defense.

Shanie Wright wasn't the same girl that she had grew up to be. She was a moneymaker, hardworking, and ambitious women.

She didn't care what people thought about her, she could be pretty or ugly in any bitches eyes but at end of the day she was still going to be Shanie. The woman with a man at her side that she not only loved but shared a friendship with.

Devin Knight.

Shanie walked the cold hallway of Rany Middle School, the worst school you could go too in Florida.

It was a fight everyday with a blood bash as well and the school was considered the lowest in academics. This was Rany Middle, the school of the worst.

"Everybody give me 50 jumping jacks," said Shanie's P.E. Teacher to all the students which consisted of boys and girls, 10 of each.

"40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 , 47, 48, 49, 50," said everybody as they finished their jumping jacks.

"Okay we're done, go wash up and get ready to leave," said the blonde headed teacher who was indeed white.

The boys had one side of the locker room while the girls had the other. Shanie walked in behind the other girls.

She didn't have any friends which was fine by her because she had less drama in her life. She felt as if she was 14 and too young for that shit while other girls couldn't help but too pick.

Meanwhile, Shanie made her way out of her clothes and towards the shower. She relaxed in the water and moaned as the hot water hit her body and curled up her naturally curly hair. See she wasn't use too a good water for a decent bath so when she got one she was going to take it and be happy.

As Shanie was taking her shower, she had not recognized the blood that was flowing down her legs.

  "It looks looks like Shamie doesn't know when to get a pad for her Nasty ass."

Shanie infact did know what a  cycle was she just hasn't got on hers yet but as her big brown eyes opened and she looked down she was flabbergasted to see blood oozing from her legs on down to the showers drain. She gulped feeling embarrassment at the pit of her stomach.

She quickly grabbed her towel as all the girls continued to throw jabs at her. "Shanie you a Nasty ass girl you know that right, but imma be nice enough to give you a pad," said the same girl whose name was known around school as being fast for her young age, her name was Tatiyana.  When Shanie didn't except her pad, she pushed her with a big shove as the other girls held her back and Shanie was on the locker room with her towel closed shut.

"Nah let me go, I was jus' tryin' to help that nasty nappy headed ass bitch but I don't give a damn now that's why she looking like Carrie' ass," Tatiyanna spok getting laughs.

Shanie cared but at the same time she didn't because her hair was far from nappy when the other girls was, she just shrugged it off, got up and got her clothes. The only thing she carried about right now was getting the things she needed for hygiene.

She ran back in the bathroom in the locker room and put on her jeans, hoodie, and sandals and let her curls fall as they were.

She ran out of the bathroom and out of the locker room past the girls and was preparing to head home until she heard laughter and turned around to see a group of boys laughing at the back of her bloody jeans but one just staring at her.

He was sitting on the bleachers with a gold chain that stuck out like a sore foot, dreads, and brown eyes. He had on their usual uniform which was a blue shirt, but cargo shorts, and a pair of Sperry's.

"Bitch why you lookin' at my Mann you need to run your bloody lookin' ass off fa' I whoop to' ass again," Tatiyanna spoke coming and sitting on the boys lap as the other girls also sat on the bleachers.

Shanie didn't say anything as she seen the boy flip the girl off his lap. Shanie ran out of the locker room and walked out of the school before the teachers caught her until she felt someone grasp her arm. She prayed it wasn't a teacher as she turned around only to be faced with Tatiyanna's man. 

"Don't be lieing on me with yo' hoe ass. I don't even know you," he actually spoke to the girl who say on his lap before running outside to Shanie.

    He didn't know her, or anyone for the matter because he was new in Florida, living with his grandmother. Only adapting a couple of friends will he was sitting with in the the previous  class.

He looked over at Shanie who was so bright to him and figured she must didn't go outside that much due to her skin. He knew she was black but she indeed looked white, with a slender body but long black hair cascading down her back in curls.

"He finally took a minute to look a minute to look away from her. "You good?"

She pulled her arm back already knowimg that he wasn't probably worried about her just was probably trying to tease her.

"You don't have to come out here and be fake with m--

He stopped her. "I don't know what previous nigga talked to you, I was really tryin' to see if you were good," he said immediately turning around to walk back in the school.

Shanie grabbed his arm. "Wait.. I'm sorry it's just I-I thought you were like those boys and girl.. I'm just getting tired of laughed at," she said telling the honest truth. She was planning on walking out of the school, to the bus, steal some pads, go home and probably cry herself to sleep. Her mama wouldn't care because she never was home in the first place. She was with Rodney.

He reached Shanies head up from being down and looked at her. "C'mon I'll ride with you to go ge--

"I don't even know you," she said. She was quiet but she wasn't stupid.

He was really getting tired of chasing her but he knew if his sickly grandma caught him giving up her foot would be up his ass.

"You ain't got nothin' to worry about I ain't gone rape you or nothing especially when you bleeding. I promise I won't hurt you," he said grabbing her hand.

"Shanie," she said giving him her name which meant she was down for the ride.

"Devin," he replied as they shook hands neither realizing what they started.

I promise I won't hurt you.