useless (part two)

Beginne am Anfang

"Thanks man".

Everyone continues eating silently I should make a joke to clear the air but I can't bring myself to care.

I push my food around on my plate not eating any of it. My stomach is in pain from hunger but why eat. Not like these guys care if I do or not. I doubt they've even noticed.

I push off from the table and pick up my plate. Fighting the wave of dizziness that hits me.

"Well the food was amazing hunk! I'm off to go take a nap" i lie beaming at them.

"You're not gonna stay for dessert?" Hunk asks me.

I shake my head.

"Sorry man but I'm sure it's delicious!"

"Maybe you should use this time to train lance, then maybe you can actually help us on the next mission" Allura growls, eating another spoonful of goo.

My chest grows tight as a lump forms in my throat.

"Will do allura" my voice cracks. I mentally kick myself. Shit.

I walk off quickly. I was going to train anyway. Not that they care.

I reach the training room and walk in. I pull on my armor and grab my bayard.

"Start level 98!" I yell to the room.

I take down each robot with general ease, switching from sword to gun every so often.

I'm out of breath as I finish of the last one though.

I know the others are probably well past level 100 by now. Probably past 200. I'm the weakest paladin after all. Theres no denying it.

It's not like they don't use ever spare minute to remind me. At this point they don't need to. It's been drilled into my skull. I get it.

I'm useless

"Start level 99!"

The robots come at me again. Harder this time.

Kill yourself lance

I manage to keep them off of me long enough to change my bayard into a sword and attack them properly.

They don't need you

I fight to catch my breath. My vision going fuzzy with dark spots here and there. Deflecting attacks and dodging taking its toll on me.

They don't need you. You're a placeholder for the real blue paladin.

"I should really get some sleep" i grumble to myself.

How about a permanent sleep. That sounds best for everyone.

"Level 100 start!" I yell breathlessly.

The robots come quickly. Dodging my attempts to hit them. I've managed to shoot two of them but the others keep coming.

Let them hit you. They do them finish your sorry ass off.

I shout in pain as one of their swords connects with my shoulder.

I swing round and slice the robot through the centre.

"No. I want to be the on to finish myself off"

☆☆time skip☆☆

I slump down the wall of the changing room, trying to apply pressure to my wound. I'm not sure it's doing anything but it's worth trying.