Chapter 9

(HARDESTCHAPTER SO FAR) ---> Please comment, vote, review, etc. (greatly appreciated!) I don't own Naruto.

Enjoy.

Chapter 9

I listened as Hana told me the story of Fujiko.

"She was a teen parent", Hana began, "she was kicked out of her home by her own parents for dishonoring them and getting pregnant by her boyfriend. After he learnt of her being thrown out of her own home, he allowed her to stay at his. Not mentioning that she was pregnant, they lived a happy life", she said with a sweet and short smile. "Later though, he noticed her belly extending. That was when she confronted him that she was pregnant with his baby", she sobbed leaving the dishes to sit on one of the kitchen chairs.

I was ignorant. I didn't know how much pain I was causing Hana... I just wanted to know why everyone was so touchy about this issue. "What happened after that?" I asked curiously while washing the dishes she left.

She wiped her silent sobs and continued, "He kicked her out. I hate him for it, but at the same time I was glad that he did. After that event she lived on the streets until Lord Gaara found her and gave her the opportunity to work here. That's when I met her and we became best friends", she smiled lowly. "After a couple of weeks, I noticed how close she tried to get with Master Kankuro. I warned her that he was engaged, but she kept saying 'There is always a chance to enter someone else's heart'. And every time Kiki would see her flirting with him, she would get angry and storm off", she looked miserable again.

"I still don't get why everyone is so upset about it", I said honestly.

She looked at me with hateful eyes, but then she sighed dismissively rolling her eyes away from me. "Kiki bribed Fujiko with a briefcase filled with money to make her leave. Fujiko accepted the money and quit her job. The next day, Fujiko gave birth to a baby boy. She left him in the hospital the same day and rushed home to check on the money, but then her house 'accidently' lit on fire with her and the briefcase inside", she bit her lip and held back her tears, "Fujiko tried to get out, but all that she was able to do was throw the briefcase out one of the windows. She knew that she couldn't make it, so she left the money for her son..."

I was silent. I felt horrible now. I never knew that that was what everyone was making a fuss about. I thought of her story then apologized, "I'm sorry".

She looked up at me. "That's alright", she lowered her head again.

I was curious. The story didn't seem to end right then I realized why. There was no happy ending. I set aside my negative thoughts then asked in a rush, "What happened to the baby?"

She stood up. "He is safe. He's with her parents right now. They heard of what happened and they felt bad that they were part of the cause of this tragic accident. So they took him in as a reminder of her".

I returned my focus to the dishes. "You should go rest, I'll finish these dishes", I informed her.

She walked up next to me. "Are you sure?" she asked with a weary tone.

I snuck a quick glimpse at her. She was worn out and tired with bags underneath her eyes and a heavy-eyed appearance. "Yes, I'm sure", I smiled at her. "It is the least I could do".

She didn't give it a second thought. She thanked me and left.

I was alone in the kitchen, but I finished the dishes in about an hour after she left. I put everything away and began to head for my room trying not to think of the tragic story I had just heard. I walked through the semi-lit hallways alone and I already felt startled. I constantly kept on glancing behind me every second hearing sounds coming from the back of me. You could say that I was paranoid, but at the same time I was just worried that someone or something was going to creep up on me. I hated the dark... I was afraid of it and everything that lurked in it, but that was a secret I was not ready to share.