Lauren looks interested. "Which book?"

"Ready Player One," Camila replies, "I'm only a few chapters in, but I really like it so far. You can borrow it after me if you want."

"Maybe once I've finished my book. I decided to read the Game of Thrones books," Lauren tells her, "I just started A Storm of Swords."

"And I bet the only reason you're reading it is because of Daenerys," Camila shoots back, "since you're like, in love with her or something."

"I'm neither confirming nor denying," Lauren responds, "but she is hot."

They find a spot on the sand, out in the sun, and Camila lays her towel out next to Lauren's, before she digs through the bag and grabs her book, opening it up. Before she can get a word read, Lauren swipes the book from her hands and shakes her head.

Camila pouts. "I want to read."

"Be social for a little while," Lauren says, "you were the one who proposed this beach day."

"Fine," Camila rolls her eyes, "I'll give you ten minutes. By then, the girls will have shown up and you'll have four people to entertain you. Then I can read in peace. Either that or I can pawn you off on Lucy right now."

When Lucy doesn't respond, or even act like she'd heard Camila, the younger girl leans around Lauren to see what she's doing, and smirks a little when she sees her checking someone out. She nudges Lauren and nods in Lucy's direction, and Lauren follows the other girl's gaze.

"Not as cute as me, but I can see why you'd go for her. Then again, it's kind of impossible to be as cute as me." Lauren comments, and Lucy blinks in surprise, tearing her gaze away from the girl. "Go talk to her."

Lucy shakes her head. "There's no point. It's not like I'll ever see her again."

Camila understands the underlying implications of that. If Lucy ended up dating someone, and then wakes up again, a night after she'd broken up with Fifth Harmony Lauren, she'd be even more heartbroken. But if they're stuck here... why not?

"I think you should talk to her," Camila says, shooting her a look and trying to convey the whole what if we're stuck here idea. "I mean, you never know what could happen."

Lucy watches her for a moment, before she sighs. "Fine. But if this goes wrong, I'm suing both of you."

Lauren laughs and flips her hair. "My lawyers will be waiting."

As Lucy walks over to the girl, Camila turns to Lauren. "Are you alright?"

"Back in October I wouldn't have been," Lauren tells her, looking over at Camila with a small smile. "But I've moved on, and I'm happy that she's doing the same. Lucy has always been one of my best friends, and at one point I thought she was my soulmate. Maybe she is, just not romantically."

Camila cocks her head to the side. "You believe friends can be soulmates?"

"You don't?" Lauren counters. "Just look at your friendship with Dinah, and how you guys can read each other so clearly. If that isn't soulmate material, I don't know what is."

Camila smiles to herself; she has to admit, it's comforting to think that she and Dinah have always meant to be friends. Maybe that means that her Dinah will come back to her eventually. "You know how you always talk about having a connection with someone when you date them? And like, how you felt as though something was pulling you to me? Maybe that's... you know..."

"A soulmate thing?" Lauren finishes for her; Camila had started regretting that sentence, because if she'd only gone on one date with someone and they started announcing that they're soulmates, she'd be more than a little freaked out. "Yeah. Maybe it is."