three

September 9th, 2016.

"How many followers did you say I have?" Dinah asks her for what feels like the fifth time. "Because like, maybe we should start a girl group if I'm going to get hella famous on Instagram."

Camila rolls her eyes. "You have like, nearly three million? And the whole point is to do things for the love of the music."

"I like music," Dinah answers, "but I like getting likes on my cute pics, too."

"Trust me, you post a lot of selfies," Camila responds, sitting down on her bed when Dinah finally finishes up her makeup. "I mean, I post a decent amount, too. So does Mani. Ally's mostly group pictures and baking. And Lauren's feed is a clusterfuck of political rants and pictures of herself."

"I bet you stalk her constantly," Dinah snorts with laughter, "so like, this Lauren that's in- uh, your world or whatever, does she know you like her?"

"I- I don't like her, okay?" Camila defends herself. "I mean, I used to. We were almost something, but she was questioning herself and I was too scared to do anything. The next thing I know, she's dating Lucy. Towards the end of everything, she stopped caring about me. We don't talk anymore and she even went as far to unfollow me on Instagram. Twice."

"You know, you've kind of neglected telling me what you did," Dinah points out, quickly spraying some hairspray and smoothing out her dress, "I mean, we can't have all hated you for just leaving."

"That's not important," Camila cuts over her and shakes her head, the word hate causing her heart to sink. "I don't want to talk about it. I just want to talk to Lauren on good terms and wake up so I can go back to my damn life already."

"No need to get all bitchy," Dinah huffs, "god, you really are different."

Camila frowns at her. "What do you mean?"

"One day, you're your normal, dorky self, and the next, you're telling me that everything is a dream and that you're actually famous. That we're actually famous," Dinah explains. "And I know I said I believed you, but... I mean, I can't tell if you're pranking me or not. Getting me back for teasing you around Shawn."

"Shawn's like a brother to me." Camila replies. "It's not a joke, Dinah. I wish it fucking was."

"It's just, the part that gets to me is how you're saying it's all a dream," Dinah continues, gesturing around them. "Like, all of this. Because I know it's not. This is all real, and-"

"Only crazy people say they woke up in another universe or something," Camila interrupts, "I'm not crazy. I don't know what the fuck is going on, and I just want to wake up. This can't be real, okay?"

"Want to test it?" Dinah sits down next to her, and after a few moments, punches Camila in the arm. "Did you feel that?"

"Yes," Camila answers, rubbing her arm, already feeling a bruise blossoming. "Was that really necessary?"

"Well, you can't feel pain in dreams, right? It was either punching you or pushing you in front of a car and seeing if you died or not." Dinah explains herself, sending her a small, teasing grin. "So there. This is real. Maybe where you came from is a dream and you just woke up now."

"I'd remember all of this if it was," Camila huffs and stands up, "let's just... give this topic a rest for now. It's giving me a headache. Besides, we're going to be late for the party."

"Do you think my Camila is where you're from?" Dinah continues on as if she hadn't heard her, but follows Camila out of the door. "God, she'd be a fucking mess. She'd go all trigger happy with her twitter posts, especially after noticing the amount of followers, and probably make some bad jokes about how people are finally appreciating her comedic genius."