∆23

Yunhee's POV

"Have you ever fall in love before?"

I turned my head to Guanlin, slightly startled by his sudden question. "Why so sudden?" He shrugged his shoulders, "Just wondering, though. So.. have you ever?" He asked again.

I shook my head in denial. "No, I haven't. I have no time to even fall in love. Well more like I don't even tend to care."

A smile appeared on his lips. His eyes brightened. "So can I be the first one for you to love?"

I scoffed a little before giggling shyly. This boy is too honest that I sometimes got flustered. "Ask my heart instead."

He gave me a cheeky smile. "Knock knock knock, Yunhee's heart! Can I be the first one for you to love?"

I laughed at his action. "You're unbelievable." He laughed too before asking again, "What did your heart answer?"

I gasped, acting as if something was wrong. "It seems like my heart went error." Upon hearing my answer, Guanlin scoffed as he shook his head. A chuckle escaped from his mouth. "You're more unbelievable, Yunhee."

"Ermm, Yunhee. I want to buy ice cream for us. Wait here, okay?" He suddenly said, which caused me to frown my eyebrows in confusion. "Let's just go together, then." I said, ready to get up.

But Guanlin quickly rose on his feet as he softly pushed me to sit again. "It's okay. I'll go. Is chocolate flavour fine?"

I was still curious by his action, but just shrugged the thought off. "Yeah chocolate will be fine," I nodded.

Guanlin then went away, leaving me sitting alone on the bench. I lifted my head higher, examining the bright, blue sky. A group of birds flew across it, making the scenery looked even more mesmerizing. "So beautiful..." I softly whispered to myself, as the wind softly blew my hair.

"Yunhee.."

I was stunned by the sudden voice. The familiar voice was so lovely that my eyes began to well with tears. It has been so long I heard that full of loves voice, and I could feel my heart became really heavy. I slowly turned around, welcoming a woman on my vision.

"Mommy..." As the word slipped out from my mouth,  tears also slid down to my cheeks.

She came nearer and sat down beside me. Tears streamed down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry, Yunhee..." With that, she pulled me into her embrace. The embrace that I've been longing for. I continued crying as I couldn't say anything.

"I'm sorry, honey. For slapping you, for defending that jerk, for not caring at you at all. I didn't even know when did you get sick, I didn't even ask how you're doing at school and I didn't even remember your birthday. And I'm so sorry for all that, Yunhee.." she spilled out, before slowly pulled away.

I held her hand, giving her a smile. "I'm sorry.., too.." I said between my sobs. "For being.. a rude daughter.. I'm so sorry..."

Mommy shook her head as she wiped my tears. "You're always a good daughter, darling. I understand why you always reacted like that towards that man. Don't worry." She smiled.

I hugged her again. "I missed you." She nodded snd hugged me back. "I missed you too."

"Ermm.. Sorry for interrupting, but anyone wants ice cream?"

We pulled away and turned our gaze to the voice belongs to Guanlin. I chuckled looking at his cuteness. "Yes, thank you."

_/_/_/  _  \_\_\_

"Thank you for having my daughter here, Mrs Lai. I owe you one," mommy politely said.

I smiled looking at them. Knowing that they got along really fine, I was so relieved.

Mrs Lai didn't know the truth that happened to my family, and I think it's better. It's enough that only Guanlin, mommy and me knew the truth.

"It's more than fine, Mrs Kim. Your daughter is so lovely. We love her so much," Mrs Lai said, smiling in reply.

I somehow blushed at her comment.

Later, Guanlin walked with us to mommy's car, sending us off.

"Guanlin, isn't it? You're so nice, young man. And I'm so sorry for earlier." Guanlin shook his head as it was nothing before bowing a little. "It's okay, ma'am. I understand," he smiled.

"Don't be so formal. Just call me aunty."

He nodded as a sign that he understood. "Okay, aunty." His smile widened.

"Time to say goodbye to your boyfriend, Yunhee." Mom winked at me before getting into the car. I laughed shyly and shook my head in denial.

"He's not my boyfriend, mommy."

I got into the car and waved to him through the opened window. "See you at school, Guanlin!"

He waved back at me. "See you."

However, I could see his smile fading slowly. There's a look in his eyes that somehow bothering me.

Was it hurt?

_/_/_/  _  \_\_\_

I think this book is coming to it's end 🐸