∆17

I wonder if hitting the vote button would make your finger bleed 🤓

___

"Oww! Stop it! Why are you hitting me?!"

I woke up to some voices that were bickering with a language that I didn't understand. On my vision, a girl that seemed older than me was pulling Guanlin's ear and slapping his upper body.

Wait. Isn't that.. his sister?

I got up and rose on my feet, making the two of them turn their gazes towards me.

"Oh, dear. Are you okay? Did he do something bad to you?" His sister came to me and checked on me as if someone had done something bad to me.

I looked at Guanlin and back to his sister who kept on asking me in err.. I assumed it was in Mandarin.

"Yah, noona. She isn't a Taiwanese like us. Talk in Korean with her," Guanlin said while rubbing her red ear. A sulky face was plastered on his face.

Upon hearing that, his sister then went, "Oh. I literally forgot you're Korean. Sorry." A shy chuckle escaped her small lips. She finally talked in Korean.

I flashed a smile to her, well actually because I didn't know how to react. "It's okay."

"But back to the topic, why are you here? Did something happened? Did this brother of mine do something bad to you?" Like bullets, she asked me continuously.

I was about to answer when Guanlin suddenly interrupted, "Yah! I'm not that bad, noona!" Which actually earned a quick response from her, "Shut up, Lai Guanlin. I'm not talking to you!" And he pouted to that response.

"Well actually.." I was about to answer her when Mrs Lai suddenly appeared in Guanlin's room too.

"What's actually happening here? I could hear your loud voices from downstairs.." She stopped talking as her eyes landed on me. "Wait.."

"Guanlin! What's happening here? Why is she here? Did you do something bad to her or something?!" She suddenly said, making Guanlin face-palmed in frustration. "Mom.. not you too."

"No, no, no! He didn't do anything bad to me, ma'am. For real. Actually he was the one who saved me last night," I quickly said to make things clear.

"He saved you? From what?"

I bit my lower lips hardly. A flashback of last night's incident was clearly playing on my head. Slightly making my body tremble in fear. "I.."

"Gwaenchanhayo, omma, noona! She'll tell you just later okay?" Guanlin who happened to know that I was still feeling uncomfortable, quickly interrupted and softly pushed his mother and sister to leave his room.

Sigh. Thanks, Guanlin.

_/_/_/ _ \_\_\_

"Here you go." I was slightly hesitant to take the clothes and towel from Guanlin's hand, but he just placed them in my hands with a sweet smile on his lips.

"Whose clothes are these?" I asked, feeling curious. "They're my sister's. But it's okay, you can wear them because they don't suit my sister anymore since she's got herself taller."

"I see. Thank you, Guanlin."

"Sure thing, uyu." He patted my head.

I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from smiling. I don't even know why, but him calling me 'uyu' again made me have butterflies in my stomach.

Just why so sudden, dearself?

"Ehem!" A sudden clearing throat sound made both our gazes were directed to the opened door.