xxxiii. a victory

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"JOHN MBEGE... SLICED THROAT. ROMA BRAGG... SPEAR TO THE CHEST. NOT AS LUCKY AS ME."

As Jasper rambled on, counting the people they've lost since touching the ground, Riley did her best to block him out. She tried to stay focused on Monty and Raven's project, encouraging them with silent words in her head to hurry. She'd look back from the door to the control room, before back to the computers, observing what the pair were working so hard on.

"Finn Collins... Death by Clarke."

Riley's never met Finn, but heard a bit about him. He was once Raven's family, and had to pay the price for a mass murder. She could see Raven visibly tense at the mention of him, her hands freezing in place, before she shook her head to brush it off and continue as Jasper went on.

"Dax... Death by Clarke."

"This should do it," Raven mumbled, positioning a cord to one of the computer's boxes. Riley watched, on edge with feat setting in the pit of her chest. This had to work, she hoped.

"Atom... Acid fog, then death by Clarke... Trina and Pascal... Gone."

Ignoring Jasper, Raven inhaled sharply and shut her eyes tightly as she plugged in the cord, frightened this wouldn't work. To Riley's amazement, the computer screens began to light up, green words and numbers flashing across. She grinned as Monty pumped his fist in the air, shouting in excitement, but wincing shortly after from his injury. "You're in! It worked!" He exclaimed, patting Raven's shoulder from behind.

Raven was completely stunned, gasping in amazement before she got back on track to the mission. "We still have to get the kill switch without ALIE finding us," she said, pulling the keyboard close to her.

"Connor and Myles... Choked on plastic, thanks to Murphy. Drew... Ninja star to the face. That was a good one."

Huffing, Riley rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest. She hadn't even known these people, never met them once, but hearing the horrors that they've endured from Jasper, who sounded so careless from being chipped was upsetting for anyone. But remembering that Monty and Raven were able to hack back into ALIE made Riley smile, proud, knowing they could save their friends.

Suddenly, a familiar female voice that wasn't Jasper's rang through the speaker. "Why'd you guys lock the door?" It was Harper, Riley realized, and her eyes widened. She turned around just as Monty raced towards the pad.

Pressing the button, Monty whispered to the one of the other side, hoping no one else could hear him. "Harper, do you see Jasper?"

There was a second of silence, before Harper wasn't given a chance to respond, as a large crash ensued from outside the door as Riley heard a small cry of pain. She cursed under her breath as Monty shouted Harper's name, ready to unlock the door. Raven noticed and immediately stopped him, calling out; "Don't!" If they did, Jasper could get in, and with how close they were, he couldn't see what Monty and Raven accomplished.