xxiv. pyrrhic

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The celebration was nothing short of amazing. Riley couldn't remember the last time she celebrated something and felt as much happiness as she had now, besides for her last birthday which seemed as if it was ages ago. From being in Mount Weather her entire life, there were holidays and short parties, but they never celebrated surviving almost nearing the end of the world. Hearing the radio play some decent, upbeat music made her pleased as she clutched a cup with Jasper's favorite made drink in it.

Clearly, there was a lot to celebrate. Riley didn't even know where to begin. But after thinking about it, she realized it was finally her break to pull herself together. She could start to move on, let go of Mount Weather and Maya, her family, everything that was difficult to remember. She knew it wouldn't be an easy process, and there would be times that the memories would hit her harder like they had before, but this time Riley wanted to believe that it would be different. It would always be there, but she deserved the easiness of pressure being lifted.

The idea of letting go and moving on was scary to say at the least, but thinking of it further, Riley thought that it was time to do so. She hadn't wanted to grieve every day anymore, and felt as if it was the beginning of starting new with the people in Arkadia once they finish cleaning up the mess that the war with ALIE left. She was glad not to be in the middle of war anymore, after they were done with the second one.

Riley even possibly considered that she was one of them, and not apart of Mount Weather anymore. With the people she's befriended, Monty more than anyone, she felt as if she could start fitting in without sticking out like a black sheep.

Riley looked over her shoulder to see Monty working and smiled, lighthearted. When catching her eyes, he smiled back before averting his attention back to the radio he was attempting to fix after the cords were sliced.

All of a sudden, Jasper came sliding in, quite literally, on his feet. Riley couldn't tell if he was drunk again or back to his old self, but he was clutching a cup and a pitcher so she assumed that he was working on it. As he approached them, Harper held her cup out from beside Riley, allowing him to refill it.

Even though Jasper was under the influence of the chip, Riley still couldn't stop picturing what he said to her from hours ago. The words repeated in her head as he gestured to her cup with the pitcher, and she knew she needed a refill on the drink if she wanted to forget as of now. Jasper noticed her reluctant action as he poured after she held the cup out and made his sincere type of apology. "Sorry about the.. You know."

Glancing up as she brought the cup to her mouth, Riley let her blue eyes flicker up to meet his while he spoke. She could at least see he looked remorseful by it, but still was hesitant on the forgiveness. "Reminding me that I'm the last of my people, or telling me it's my fault?" She questioned, sharper than she had meant to be.