xxiv. save him

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ON THEIR WAY TO LINCOLN'S CAVE WHERE THEY'D BE SAFE, THERE WERE NO WORDS SPOKEN BETWEEN THE GROUP. Everyone was tense, holding the weight of the grief from losing Lincoln. Riley focused on the tips of her boots the entire way home, trudging through the mud, yet somehow on alert. Pike would be looking for them, she knew that. He'd kill them all, just like he did to Lincoln, with no mercy only to prove a single point. That he was in charge, as any tyrant would.

Riley lifted her head for the first time when they approached the cave entrance. She followed after Miller, Bryan, and Harper, seeing that Bellamy was chained to the wall. She didn't question it, figuring it had something to do with Octavia after he took off. He looked up, watching as one by one, they poured in, until Octavia was the last one. Noticing that Lincoln wasn't one of the people with them, Bellamy looked towards his sister. "Where's Lincoln?" He questioned.

At the mention of Lincoln, Riley turned her head, unable to face Bellamy. It wasn't all his fault, and he didn't kill Lincoln himself, but he was apart of it. Octavia didn't answer him at first. Even though she said nothing, Riley knew she was mourning Lincoln. She ripped off her jacket instead, exposing her shoulder tattoo, and tossed it aside with her back to her brother. "Pike put a bullet in his brain." Her answer was full of nothing but coldness and sorrow.

"O.." Bellamy whispered, rising to his feet. "O.. I am so sorry.."

Before he could finish his apology, Octavia whirled around and suddenly punched Bellamy in the face. The hit caught Riley by surprise, but she didn't blame her. Octavia glared at her brother, tears streaming down her cheeks, as she hit him two more times, making blood trickle from the corners of his mouth. He didn't fight back, even though he wasn't tightly bound.

"Octavia," Kane spoke up, quietly. "That's enough."

"Kane," Bellamy protested. "Stay out of it." Even though he didn't like it, Kane backed down. It set Octavia off, and she struck him in the face again before punching his chest, making him bend over in pain. She punched him again while he was down, before gripping the back of his hair and slamming her knee into his face. Riley winched, watching in despair as Octavia hit him twice more, and making Bellamy fall over.

Miller attempted to intervene, by reaching out to Octavia. "Okay, stop. Enough." The second he touched her, Octavia turned around, shoving him away with a heavy impact and into Bryan.

Choking on his own blood, Bellamy sat up. "Miller, let her," he stated, blood pouring from his mouth as he spoke.

Crying and screaming in the pain of heartache, Octavia punched him twice more. She waited, sobbing, until Bellamy was on his back but staring up at her before she made her final declaration to him. "You're dead to me." This time, she wasn't crying. She was serious and emotionless, and Riley knew she wasn't kidding. She hated her brother, it was written all over her face, for what he has done.