xx. anger, pain, grief

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY LIKES MONTY. She did. Sometimes, she'd think more than a friend. But she wasn't so sure of his mom, Hannah. She was on Pike's side, and she was sure Monty was slowly beginning to trust the tyrant too. Riley remembered teaming up with the delinquents to stop Mount Weather from bleeding them out, betraying her own people and rebelling. She always knew she wouldn't change. Now, she was rebelling against Pike by joining Kane and Octavia in finding out what he was planning.

"Pike's detail is still at it," Octavia's muffled voice came out of Kane's walkie-talkie speaker. She had followed Hannah and a few others outside after Pike ordered them out to find out what they were doing. "Collecting soil and water supplies."

Confused, Riley leaned over the table to hear Octavia's voice more clearly. "Why collect samples?" She asked Kane quietly.

Kane shrugged at her question, before holding down the button and responding. "Any idea what they're up to?" He asked in a low voice to be sure no one passing by could hear.

"No," Octavia responded. "But considering how heavily they're armed, I don't think they want anyone to find out." Riley inhaled sharply, knowing it couldn't be anything good from how sure she sounded. Suddenly, Octavia breathed out. "Crap."

"What is it?" Kane questioned.

"There's a grounder kid," Octavia answered, sounding stressed. "Hang on."

It was quiet for a minute or so, no words spoken from Octavia's side, before Kane grew impatient. "Octavia, please respond." There was still no response, and Riley rubbed her temple, worried. Kane sighed, leaning back in his chair, but still gripping the walkie-talkie in his hand. "She has to be helping the kid."

Nodding, Riley looked down at the table top. "Yeah," she agreed in a short mumbled. "She has to be." She hoped that her own people wouldn't shoot her for spying, but with Pike as their leader, she truthfully didn't know.

"So, you're doing it again," Kane said, attempting to make some type of a conversation as they waited for Octavia to tune back in. Riley raised her brows in question, confused at what he meant. "Rebelling," he added, finishing.

"Oh." Riley gave Kane a curt nod, remembering Mount Weather again. She guessed the thoughts wouldn't ever go away. "Yeah. Well, I hope it goes better. Last time everyone I knew died from radiation, so.."

Glancing towards Kane, Riley gave him the small ironic smile to let him know she was only joking; sort of. Before he could respond, Octavia spoke, cracking through the speaker. "Kane, Riley?"

"Here," Kane responded to her automatically. "Are you okay?"

"You need to find out what Pike is up to. Right now," Octavia demanded, rushed. "Whatever it is, they were willing to kill a kid to keep it quiet."