xxiii. his clouds

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVEN THOUGH PIKE HAD STRIPPED RILEY OF HER WEAPONS, HARPER HAD HELPED HER INTO A GUARD'S UNIFORM. Their plan was being brought into action, and if something went bad, she needed a vest to protect herself. There's no telling how saving them would go, unable to know if someone wouldn't make it out or who would. Even though there wasn't much hope, Riley tried to tell herself that this would be okay.

The second that she saw Lincoln, Kane, and Sinclair in cuffs being led by Pike and a few guards, Riley had felt her jaw visibly clench. She knew this was the time Pike ordered their execution for treason against him. She didn't see Bellamy, or more importantly Monty, but assumed nothing. Riley looked to her side, seeing that Harper was calm as the pair walked past the group.

"Make way!" Pike called out, in the lead.

"Yes, sir, Mr. Chancellor," Harper said, complying, as she stepped to the side to allow them to proceed forward. Riley followed in suit, pressing her back against the wall. Before they passed, she let her gaze wander forward and catch the eyes of the prisoners. She kept her feature blank, but the corner of her mouth slowly curled into a tiny smile. She knew that she was ready.

Once the group moved passed and turned a corner, Harper lifted her walkie-talkie. "Package is on the move," she whispered. "I repeat, package on the move. We are a go." She paused to nod towards Riley. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," Riley replied, even though she was unsure herself. "I'm good to go."

"Okay, S, is your team in position?" Harper continued into the walkie-talkie after Riley's answer.

'Okay, S' was Octavia's code name; her idea. It meant Octavia Kom Skaikru, it's Trigedasleng for Octavia of the Sky People. "Roger that," Octavia responded, her voice quiet and cracking through the radio. "We're in position and ready to intercept."

"Be ready to hand them off with Miller," Harper said to Riley after turning her walkie-talkie off.

Nodding, prepared, Riley unclipped her own walkie-talkie off of her chest. "See you soon." She took off down the hall, her feet moving quickly to meet the other two guards. Miller was close to where the guards were bringing the prisoners after hearing their trap on the radio. She was so focused on hoping it went well, she didn't notice she rammed into Miller.

When she had, Miller slapped his palm over Riley's mouth to keep her from shouting in surprise from the impact. He pushed her back until she was pressed against the wall before releasing her, and she breathed a short sigh of relief. After a quick peek, she could see that Pike had already abandoned the prisoners and two guards, one of them being Bryan, Miller's boyfriend, to guard the doors.

Riley gave Miller a single finger, telling him to wait, knowing that Octavia and Abby were on their way to do their part. Octavia would knock the only one of them out, as Bryan was on their side. She would then take the prisoners and hide them under the floor, for when Pike came back after checking to see if she was anywhere nearby. Riley didn't worry that Octavia wouldn't make it, the girl was a ruthless warrior.