x. family

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE THING WAS, THEY COULDN'T MOURN. They had to cut their loses and let go. Maya still had tear stained cheeks, but they had to put her in an oxygen suit so they could move her to a safer level, one without guards. Riley tried to block the image of Vincent's body out of her head, but it was there. The grief of the situation hurt, but she couldn't help but think if she was next. Seeing it made Riley know what her fate was, when Cage or a guard caught her.

Maya took quiet yet deep breaths through the suit, and Riley looked at her in concern. "Hey," she said softly so no one else could hear as they walked, gently nudging her best friend to get her attention. She knew how Maya felt. Losing one of your parents was a horrible, aching pain, but losing them both was an emotion that was worse, it couldn't even be explained. "We're family," she promised her as they neared the door, and remembering what Maya had told her when her own parents died. "You're not alone in this." Giving Riley a small, sad smile, Maya nodded in a reply.

"I love you, Maya," Riley told her honestly. "You're my best friend."

"I love you too," Maya said, her voice slightly muffled from the mask covering her and keeping her breathing, but still full of honesty. "And you're mine as well."

The conversation between them was stopped when Bellamy swung the door to their destination open. The small group poured out, Bellamy being the first when calling out the name 'Octavia!' and embracing a pretty girl that looked like an outsider.

Riley, unsure of this stranger, stood in front of Maya. The girl, Octavia, as Bellamy called her, released him after the tight hold and looked at Jasper and Monty with a grin. Despite the threatening war paint on her face, she looked happy. "I knew it," she stated. "You two are too scrawny to drill!" She teased, before pulling Monty first into a hug and then Jasper.

When Octavia finished, she turned back around and finally saw both Riley and Maya, two unfamiliar girls. She looked hesitant, even taking a step back, as if they would strike. "It's all right," Jasper assured her. "They're with us."

"Been working to save your people," Riley told her, figuring that Octavia wasn't an outsider if the others knew her so well, considering that she was from space like the rest.

"How are you breathing right now?" Octavia asked, ignoring her statement, and looking Riley up and down wearily.

The question, that Riley figured she'd hear for awhile from anyone she came across, made her flinch when the memories hit her. "Yeah, um.. The treatment," she answered, rubbing the back of her neck, and slowly becoming uncomfortable from Octavia's sharp looks. "The treatment they made me take," she corrected herself.

Bellamy stepped aside, and another girl stepped forward. Riley had recognized her as Clarke, the one who escaped after having every reason not to trust Mount Weather. "Clarke!" Jasper exclaimed, rushing forward and throwing his arms around her. Monty joined him, pressing his chest against Jasper's back and hugging her too. The blonde smiled, hugging her two friends with grateful tears in her eyes.