xxx. safe

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CAREFULLY, RILEY ALLOWED RAVEN TO LEAN AGAINST HER AS THEY MADE THEIR WAY THROUGH THE BAY. The others were just finishing loading up the rover, ready to go talk to Luna. After talking to Raven for a bit, she figured she should stay and help, take care of her injuries and all. She waited until the girl was stable on her feet, giving her a small smile and patting her healthy shoulder just as Bellamy has taken noticed that none of them were geared up like him.

"Hey, we're leaving," Bellamy greeted, confused. "Why aren't you ready?"

"We're not going with you," Raven replied. "I can barely walk and my shoulder is killing me but my brain is all kinds of awesome."

"She remembered that ALIE downloaded herself into The Ark mainframe," Monty added. "If it's still there, we can find a back door." Riley knew he was just as smart as Raven, and they'd need him to stay behind too for scanning ALIE's code.

"And I figured Raven would need my medical skills here," Riley explained for her reasoning.

Knowing that due to Raven's injuries and Riley's low shooting skills, Bellamy looked towards the other three. "Miller?" He asked the leader, questioning if he'd stay and protect them in case ALIE's chipped people would show up.

Nodding, Miller slung his gun over his shoulder. "We'll keep them safe," he promised.

"I'll keep them safe," Harper cut in, nodding towards Miller and Bryan jokingly with a smile on her face.

"How about you?" Bellamy asked Jasper, turning towards him. "It could be dangerous."

Shrugging, Jasper leaned against the rover's door. "You know me well," he responded. "I'm in."

That was enough for Bellamy, with three people following him to Luna's hideout. He made his way into the rover's drivers side as the others said their goodbyes. Jasper was the first to hug Riley, putting his arms over her shoulders and pulling her close. Riley smiled at the embrace, wrapping her own arms around his torso and squeezing him tightly. She remembered how not too long ago, they were a pair that argued and clashed over his actions.

"Good luck," Riley wished him softly before she reluctantly let him go and watched him head to Raven after she finished hugging Clarke. She watched as they both loaded into the rover, the last ones to do so, before they were driving backwards and out of the bay. Miller was the one to step forward and press a button, closing the doors behind them, leaving Riley to only wonder if her friends were going to bring back the one person that could save them all.

-x-

The palm of Riley's hand ached from where the point of her chin dug into it. She had been sitting beside Raven for a while, staring at the screens that had endless coding she didn't understand. Monty had been pacing behind them, clearly tired and not as perked up as Raven until he came to a stop in front of the drawing board. She looked over her shoulder, smiling slowly when her eyes met his. A warm feeling spread through her heart, and she forced herself to look away.