xvii. destruction

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

BEING THE LAST OF HER PEOPLE CAME AT A BIGGER COST THAN WHAT RILEY HAD THOUGHT. She was hopeful that after helping Abby and Jackson save Nyko would be the end, and she would be allowed back to Arkadia. It wasn't likely that they'd force her to stay, but when she was asked to so she could help Raven, Gina, and Sinclair as she knew more about the mountain than anyone, she felt like she couldn't say no. Arkadia's people accepted her, and made Riley one of their own, and she wasn't sure how to repay them.

After helping unload the rover, Riley's bag thumped against her back as she slowly wandered inside. She looked around, realizing that it looked like it used to be. The sky people had set up there, sitting in the dining area where everyone she knew died. She winced at the sight, but stiffened into a polite stand when Charles Pike approached the group. He was a survivor found by Bellamy and Monty on their run, "Welcome, come join us," he greeted, shaking Bellamy's hand.

"Someone made themselves at home," Riley muttered, slightly bitter, under her breath but Pike hadn't heard her.

Octavia, however, did. "There must be thirty of them here," she spoke, her own bitter tone louder enough for Pike to hear.

"Thirty-six," Pike corrected, not catching on to how disrespectful it was to move in. "But the more, the merrier. There was no room at the inn." Even if there wasn't much room at Arkadia, moving into Mount Weather shouldn't have been their first option.

"No thanks. Lived here once, didn't go well," Riley snapped, unable to think of anything else but her people dying in the same room that Pike had his own people laughing in. It was downright uncivil to dine here and choose to move in, with it being the place many people died and the fact that their truce with the Grounders was already thin.

Bellamy turned around, giving both Riley and Octavia a certain warning look. Riley didn't back down, despite the tense silence, and glared back. "I'm out of here," Octavia finally decided, whirling around and storming off.

Quiet, Pike watched Octavia leave. "Spirited," he commented on her attitude. Bellamy shrugged, but nodded in agreement before following him.

Sinclair stood from where he sat at one of the tables when noticing Raven and the other two girls. "Reyes, you're three hours late," he scolded. "We've got no power to medical, fluctuations on levels two and three, and blows fuses all over the place. Get on it," he ordered.

The mechanic nodded quickly, complying. "You can do no wrong, huh?" Gina teased. Raven grinned, even laughing, before walking off. Seeing that Riley was hesitant in following, she turned to her and gave her the sympathy look Riley had grown used to. "You can come whenever you're ready," she spoke, her voice gentle and kind.

Shrugging, Riley adjusted the bag she was carrying on her shoulder. She supposed there wasn't ever going to be a time she was ready to be in Mount Weather, but when Arkadia took them in as one of their own, she felt like she owed them. "I'll be fine," Riley assured her.