Previous Lies And Current Lies

-16 years ago-

A father was cradling his three month old child on the couch. He let out a deep sigh and muttered to his sleeping son,

"Your mother's a stubborn one. She's working late hours again...."

He placed a small kiss on their forehead, "hah...'late hours'.....she's crazy if she thinks that I still believe that."

.....

The dad whispered to his child in a soft tone, "I hope she never lies to you as she does to me."

"I'll do my best to keep this family together. I promise that I'll get your mother to break out of her habits...."

"I promise."

-10 years ago- (WARNING: lots of swearing)

"What do you mean 'we're behind on rent'??? Why haven't you fucking paid for it!!??"

"Don't give me that shit!! I work three jobs to support this family while you're busy being a prost-"

"Stop accusing me of that! For the last fucking time, I am NOT cheating on you!!"

"Quit lying to me! I have more than enough damn evidence and you know it!!"

     The child sat on his bed that night, unable to sleep. He could hear the loud shouts of his mom and dad's bickering downstairs. He would cry, but he was far too used to it to have a break down. He stared at the ceiling, wishing that someone would tuck him into bed, read him a bedtime story, tell him that tomorrow will be a better day.

"Ugh!! I'm /this/ close to divorcing you!!!" The woman yelled.

"Oh shut the fuck up, you always threaten to leave me!! You're all talk and no action, except with other men apparently!!"

The last noise made that night was the slam of the front door closing.

-4 years ago-

"Kokichi! Come down from your room, dinner's ready."

     Ouma took his time as he went down the creaking stairs. As he sat at the table, he kept his eyes locked onto his plate, not daring to make eye contact with his father or mother. His quivering hands picked up the fork and knife in front of him, and he began to cut up his steak quietly.

"Honey, you smell like cigarettes again...I thought you quit?" The father looked over to his wife who sat next to him,

"It's because of my co-workers! They're always smoking while they're working and the smell sticks everywhere," she complained.

"....well anyways, sorry for doubting you. I've recently got a promotion-"

"That's nice." The woman stated, but she sounded completely uninterested. She tasted the steak on her plate and immediately spit it out, "Disgusting. Honestly, when are you gonna start cooking properly?"

     She got up from her seat and grabbed her purse, "I've got to go anyways, my friends wanted to hang out tonight. Bye."

"...s-stop!...."

     The kid spoke up as his mom was about to leave, "M-mom d-dont....don't abandon us again...," he began to cry.