Feelings Growing Stronger

Shuichi got no sleep that night. Not only was he staying up and re-watching Danganronpa's 14th season, but he was thinking about that boy.

Maybe...I was just imagining it.....

     He continuously told himself, sinking deeper into denial. He rolled onto his side and tightly clutched the fabric on the worn out couch. Silently cursing as his alarm clock went off in his bedroom down the hall, Shuichi got off the furniture and got ready for school.

~

     Kokichi entered the school, his stomach growling from hunger, and completely scared of the events that could occur today.

What if I'm late to class...

What if I'm bullied again...

...What if...that violent student approaches me...what was his name?........Shuichi..

     He bit his lip and began walking to his classroom early, fears and paranoia taking over his thoughts. The short individual snapped out of it when a male with large muscles, broad shoulders, and purple hair called out to him.

"Hey! New kid!"

Ouma looked over and saw 3 other students.

The girl had medium cut blond hair and an annoyed gaze with her arms crossed.

One of the other guys had green hair that fell to one side of his face. He had pierced ears and a watch that looked expensive.

The last guy had white spiky hair and a blank expression, similar to the girl's but he looked extremely intelligent and formal.

     The purple head that greeted Kokichi walked over to him. He raised his hand up as if he was going to strike the small boy, "!!!" Ouma used his arms to block his face and braced himself for impact.

"......Ha! You actually thought I was going to hit you?" He chuckled. The 3 other students behind him let out a few snickers, and Kokichi cautiously lifted up his face.

     The student gave him a smirk, "The name's Kaito, and this is Kaede, Rantaro, and Kiibo. Sit with us at lunch, alright?"

     Kokichi hesitated before nodding, but it felt like he didn't have a choice. He sensed an untrustworthy aura coming from these students...but who else was willing to be his friend?

......

Shuichi might be...but......Kokichi muttered to himself.

"? Did you just say 'Shuichi'? Ew." The girl name Kaede stated with disgust, "I have no hope for anyone here, but he's a whole other level of 'worthless'."

The boy, Kiibo, turned his head to look at her, "Last year, didnt you have a crush on h-"

"Shut it, nerd." She threatened, but didn't raised her voice.

Kiibo sighed, "Just because my intelligence is more superior than yours, doesn't mean I'm a nerd."

"And just because my wealth exceeds all of you guys' money combined, that doesn't make you peasants!...oh wait, it does!" Rantaro chipped in.

     Kaito turned his head around to look at the group, "Geez! All you guys do is fight! Fucking shut up!"

.....

..wow....they don't really..act like good friends....

"Ew, you sound like my dad." The blonde scoffed.

     Kokichi attempted to sneak off as the group started bickering and throwing insults at each other. However, Rantaro ran over to him and placed his hand on their shoulder.

"Don't forget about coming to lunch, or else Kaito might beat your poor face, peasant. Just warning ya!"

"O-oh...um..ok...."

~

     Saihara sat anxiously in his desk. He had arrived to class 10 minutes earlier for a single reason. One by one students entered the room and set their bags down, chatted, etc. Then finally, he entered the room.

     Shuichi perked up as his predator-like eyes locked onto Kokichi. The lively atmosphere around him froze; the walls, ceiling, floor and objects turned black and white, the students turned into empty shadows, but Ouma was glowing with color. Elegant vines of light spread slightly with every step he took. Saihara was completely stunned; the student's voices seemed to go mute, and all he could hear was Kokichi's soft breathing from across the room and his own heartbeat that thumped wildly.

     He snapped out of it however when the bell rang for class, everything turning back to normal, and the late teacher rushed in, "Right everyone, take a seat and flip your textbooks to chapter 13."

"..."

     As usual, Shuichi only pretended to pay attention, but not because his mind was clouded with the thought of Danganronpa. This time, it was because he desperately wanted to glance back at Ouma since their desk was a few rows behind him, but the teacher already gave him 2 strikes for not paying attention, and a 3rd would lead to a detention. Saihara couldn't afford to have his time wasted like that.

     His nails scratched on the desk's surface; it was torture for him.

     After what seemed to be days, class ended, and Shuichi immediately walked over to approach Kokichi.

"Hey!"

"..O-oh, hey....."

He seems more happy than yesterday.... Kokichi thought.

     The taller student bit his lip nervously and had a hard time forming words, "S-so.....do you...want to eat lunch...together? We could watch Danganronpa!"

"...n-no thanks, I kinda already promised o-other people to eat with them today.....s-sorry!" Ouma said, the tone of his voice was filled with both guilt and honesty.

". . . . . . . ."

     Shuichi felt as if his blood was draining from his body once the individual rejected his offer and walked out of the classroom.

......."other.....people"...?

who the fuck...