What He Did

A young boy was sitting on the floor in front of a bright television. The screen fell on him like a spotlight. His eyes shined as he practically inhaled everything happening on it. They needed to catch up on this new episode since the therapist had taken up his time.

     His mother walked in the living room and called out to her son, but he didn't respond. Practically being hypnotized by the show playing on the TV. She turned it off which had annoyed the boy, and he only gave her a blank expression.

"It's past your bedtime...you can continue watching it tomorrow after school, okay honey?" She said sweetly and gently took his hand. The woman brought her son upstairs and softly tucked him into bed, leaving him a kiss on the forehead before heading downstairs again.

     Her son closed his eyes and counted to 500. He always had the patience to.

Every single night.

...

...

........

     Once he had finished, the boy slipped out from his blankets and sneaked down the stairs as quiet as possible. As he made his way to the living room, he paused once he heard voices coming from his father's office. His mother was sobbing, and his dad was trying to calm her down.

"A-are you sure he's going to b-be okay?"

Then, the therapist spoke up, "Yes. I can assure you, he is perfectly normal for a child."

"I-Im j-just...s-scared that he'll be influenced b-by that violent show!"

"Sweetie, calm down..." said the father.

"N-No!! This needs to stop! I try and I try to keep him away from it, but he always goes back to it!! It's out of control!"

     The therapist cleared his throat, "Your son is eight, correct? Usually in cases like this when the child is so young, they're feeling lonely at home, at school, or both. If a child fails to make friends in school because they're really shy, have trouble communicating, etc, they can show signs of being extremely attached to things. They don't just like it, it's an addiction. The reason for this is simply because if a young child doesn't have another kid close to their age to interact with, they will usually end up failing to expand on their interests since they have no one to share with. Children need more than parent relationships, they need friends........I don't really think it's anything to worry about. He'll probably grow out of it in no time!"

"S-so w-what do we d-do...?" The mother asked, ignoring their last few statements.

"I recommend keeping a close eye on him and give him some pushes to start talking to the other children. Provide him some extra love and affection at home as well! Oh, and you should definitely start to gradually take Danganronpa away from him."

     The boy listening on the other side of the door began to hold his breath at those words. His heart beat increased its pace as he felt like his body was going to collapse on the floor.

...take....Danganronpa...away?..

......

"Then we'll do just that. Thank you Adam, you may leave now. We'll call you if we need you again." The father stated.

     Hearing this, the child ran down the hall to hide as the therapist walked out of the office. Seconds after, his mom and dad left to go upstairs to their room.