CHAPTER 8: Emotions

I woke up the next morning at 8:30. Rose was still snoring. I went into the bathroom and took a shower. When I got out Rose rushed past me to take a shower as well. I chuckled and got dressed. I decided to not wear the uniform today because I didn’t want people to see more than they needed to when I fight. So I put on a pair of black shorts (not booty shorts, just shorts higher than my knees) and a red sports tank top. I put a black hoodie over the tank top but the hoodie is unzipped. I also put on black combat boots.

When I was done Rose came out of the shower smiling.

I frowned, “What?”

She just continued smiling, “Nothing.”

I scoffed and then grabbed my school bag.

“Hey Ice, are you ever gonna use your ice ability?”

I paused at the door way. “Yeah . . . . .today.”

I walked out towards the dorm entrance. I heard Rose yelling behind me, “You know you're gonna get yelled at for not wearing the uniform.”

I scoffed, “The uniform is only an excuse for the coach to look down girls’ shirts and stare at their asses.”

I could hear her laughing. “Good Point!”

I took out my phone and put on my black headphones (Not Earphones). Then I put on my playlist that contained Ellie Goulding, Fall out Boy, and Alesso. Then I stepped out the dorm doors to see that only a few people are out, and those few were the coach, the Silvers, and three Bronze students. The principal, Arther, wasn’t there yet so the fights wouldn’t begin yet. For ‘some reason’ he decided he would watch today's fights.

I walked over to the tree nearest to the battle area and put my bag and guitar down. A few more people came out, including Rose.

“Hey Rose watch my things would you?”

“Why?”

I scanned the school courtyard, “I think I’ll get a few miles in before the fight.”

She nodded and sat down next to my bag, under the tree.

“And if someone stronger than you looks suspicious or decides to try and take my bag, climb the tree and hide it, got it? ”

Though I doubt anyone will after her fight with Alex.

She raised one eyebrow in confusion, “Okay?”

I turned up my music and broke into a jog. Heroes by Alesso turned on. This caused a genuine smile from me. I saw a few people blush when I did. This made me smile more.

“🎵We could be Heroes, we could be Heroes me and You(X2)🎵”

I then broke into a fast sprint. In the corner of my eye I could see Arthur starting to exit the school building, smirking at me. I smirked back and showed four fingers. He nodded and started walking. I chuckled and broke into a full sprint. All people could see a dust trail behind me as I made four laps around the school in under one minute. When I finally stopped next to Arther, who stopped walking when I did, we both looked back to see a dust circle around the whole school.

I was slightly panting but I smiled at Arther and then walked away from him towards Rose. She was shocked since she was watching me the whole time. No one else was watching me run except Jake who had a seductive grin on his face. When I stole a quick glance towards him I blushed and then smiled towards Rose who was still frozen.

“Hey you okay?” I said while waving my hand in front of her face. She snapped out of it and sat down with a sad expression.

Almost whispering she said, “You just keep getting stronger and stronger. Soon you’ll be so strong you might become a Silver or even a Gold and then leave me.”

This angered me so…..*SLAP*.

A few people stared towards us when they heard the loud noise, even the Silvers and principal. I stared at Rose with a angry yet serious expression.

“Are you kidding me!?”

She stared up at me with a surprised expression.

“You really think I would ever abandon you like that?!!! How many times do I have to tell you? I Will Never Leave You. We are the same and you know it. No matter how much stronger I get, You are too important to me to leave behind.”

She broke down into tears. I bent down and hugged her.

“You are like a sister to me and you will never be any less.”  

She hugged me back. Everyone who was watching decided to let us have our moment by turning back to what they were doing.

“Thank you, Isolda.”

I chuckled, "How many times do I have to tell you, I prefer Ice.”