CHAPTER 1: A Start

I walked down the street humming along to a song stuck in my head. There was a group of boys play fighting not too far behind me. There was also a group of girls laughing and taking selfies to my right. I saw one of the girls give me a glance before quickly looking back down at her phone, unsuccessfully trying to secretly take a picture of me. I gave her phone a small glance before looking forward with a smirk. My smirk turned into a grin as I heard the girl's shreek of fear and her phone hitting the ground. Another quick glance revealed her phone on the ground, frozen over with ice.

I picked up my pace in order to ditch the groups. I ended up reaching the school thirty minutes early. I stopped in front of the gateway to my new school, Season High. I took a deep breath and then stepped onto the school grounds.

There were a lot of students walking around, talking, laughing, texting, running, and using their 'skills' to battle each other. I had to slow my pace in order to properly take in my surroundings. The school building was huge.

I was happy to see that my black button up, white tie and short skirt uniform didn't make me stick out since all the other girls wore the same uniform. Then again, the guitar case on my back might draw more attention than I want.

I slowly entered the school building so I wouldn't draw any unwanted attention, but that soon failed when a high pitched, excited shout came from down the hall.

"ICE!!!!"

I slowly turned around to walk away but was eventually tackled against the wall by my good friend Rose.

"H-hey Rose. How's it been?"

The short redhead jumped away from me and said very loudly. "How's it been?! I've been so bored here without you! I'm just glad you get to go here."

I smiled and shushed her at the same time. "Yeah me too-Can we talk somewhere a little more private?"

She looked around to see everyone staring at us and I blushed slightly from the pressure of their gazes. "Sure follow me."

I was pulled out of the school building and towards the dormitories where Rose shoved me into her room.

"Wow, the legendary Isolda Winter blesses me with her presence."

"Oh, would you stop it already."

She giggled and pulled me into a hug. "I really missed you."

I smiled down at her considering the fact that she was about a half a foot shorter than me. "Same here, . . . .sorry to ruin the touchy reunion and all, but we're going to be late for class."

Rose's eyes widened and she ran for the door. I stood there for a second with a closed eyed smile.

"This is going to be an interesting year."