CHAPTER 6: Rose vs Alex

Ana got up and said, "Not just yet, so you all have a ten minute break as we decide which of you will join, and to warn you, it could be all of you or none of you at all. You are excused." When she said it could be none of us she said it in a lower and more serious voice to scare us. I just smirked and walked towards the infirmary before she finished talking. Rose soon followed.

As I entered the Infirmary I saw Doc patching up Daniel. Daniel glanced at me and then looked down in shame.

"Hey, you Okay," I asked.

He nodded and then looked away.

"Hey, I'm sorry."

He looked up at me and said, "Don't worry about it. I'll get in next time."

I smiled, "Definitely, But next time fight, don't just stand there."

He smiled and nods. I slightly bowed before exiting the room.

Rose was singing as we walk back to the fighting yard. When she reached the bridge of the song I joined in by harmonizing. When we reached the fighting yard everyone was either talking or resting. I sat as far away from them as possible. This caused a few glances. Then I smiled towards Rose who got what I was doing. She nods and then sits on a nearby stump. I took out my guitar.

I started to sing. Only Rose could hear me because we are so far away. But if anyone was looking at me they could see that I was singing. I played the song on my guitar and when I finished we smiled at each other. Then we laughed and hugged each other, before walking to the others.

Soon everyone lined up where they were supposed to be, and waited. Ana, John, Alex, and Derek stood in front of us.

Ana gave us a closed eyed smile, "Now you will all fight one of the Silvers."

After she said that I groaned and then put on my headphones to listen to my music.

"Rose, Alex decided to battle you."

Rose blushed and glanced towards me. I glanced at Rose, moving my head to the music, mouthing the words to Ghost town by Adam Lambert, and winked at her.

She nodded and walked up to the Silver. She greeted Alex before taking a deep breath and getting into her fighting position. "FIGHT!" Alex quickly ran at her and punched her making her fall back. I growled slightly and took off my headphones.

"Rose, Get your ass up before I go kick it for you!!!"

This caused many stares. Soon Rose jumped up and glared at Alex. Then he smirked. Rose smirked wider. Alex ran again and tried to punch her again, but Rose put a wall of vines in front of her, protecting her from Alex's punches. Then she closed her eyes and thorns grew all around the vines.

Alex backed away. Then Rose shot the thorns at him, but missed because of his speed. Then he appeared behind her and punched her in the side. She coughed up blood but turned and punched him back, making him fly back a few feet. He got up quickly, ran towards her with his speed, and then became invisible.

I jumped up knowing what was gonna happen next and yelled, "Rose, vine body shield, NOW!!"

She managed to put up a vine shield all around her before Alex started punching the wall. I sighed and sat down. Coach looked towards me, "Don't help her any more or she will be disqualified."

I walked up to him and said in a deadly sarcastic voice, "Okay."

I sat in my spot as I saw Alex reappear and punch a hole in the shield. I whispered to myself, "Use your roses, use them now."

Then as if she heard me, a small explosion appeared and roses flew in every direction. I jumped up and caught a bunch before they could hit any of the students, and let me tell you there were a lot. After quickly catching them, I sat in my spot holding the huge bouquet before anyone from the Bronze knew what was happening.

(Jake) The girl "Ice" whispered something and then caught the roses flying at the students.

I chuckled, "Honestly it's more interesting to watch her than the battle." Luckily no one heard me. 'I think I may be little more interested in her than I should be.'

(Ice) Rose stood up and then got into a fighting position. Alex smirked while trying to catch his breath. Then Rose was the one to attack. She made vines appear from her hands and wrapped her body. The vines grew huge thorns that were very sharp. Then she ran at Alex, swung , and released the thorns in every direction. Coach stuck out his right hand and quickly brought it down, causing the thorns flying at us to fall down. Alex managed to dodge the punch, but not the thorns.

Alex quickly fell down, unconscious. I sighed and walked over to Rose. I reached her right as she faints and I caught her. I walked to my spot and laid her on the ground. A few Silvers grabbed Alex and took him to the Infirmary. The Coach sighed and walked to the middle of the field, "Winner is Rose Flora." I clapped and everyone of the Bronze students cheered.