She had on a white sleeveless silk nightgown that fell to the floor with lace straps and neckline and a white silk ribbon etched in the middle of the lace neckline. A white transparent shawl draped over her arms and flowed down behind her as her silky blonde hair fell down to her ankles in a neat manner. Her chocolate brown orbs were focused on tidying the scrolls and the candlelight flickered in them. Kouen smiled as he gazed at her; he could continue looking at her like this forever if he could. Returning back to her seat, Lucy looked at the corner of the room where Koumei laid and chuckled to herself.

"He hasn't changed at all, Koumei that is," she said, thinking how he used to sleep in the corner all bundled up when he was a child. "You guys have worked hard."

"The one who should be saying that is me," he took her hand and clasped it in his, rubbing the back of her hand gently. "To stay in this country for so long and deal with them...you've had it hard."

She shook her head, her hair swaying along. "Nothing along those lines. Being in Sindria with such friends around me...it's more than I could've wished for."

He looked at her with doubting eyes but that genuine look in her eyes was something she could never fake. Smiling, he brought her over to where he was and situated her in his lap as he rested his head on her shoulder from behind. He gave a sigh and noted how she hadn't changed much since back then. She still treasured the bonds of friendship more than anything.

Lucy glanced back at him before gently patting his head with a soft and affectionate smile. "Rest, Kouen. You need it."

He buried his head deeper and gave a silent nod. "It's been a while since I held you like this."

Lucy widened her eyes and chuckled. "Yes. It has."

He smiled upon hearing her laugh and sat up. "Spend the night here."

"Even if I were to refuse, you would make me, no?" her hands gently touched his hands which were clasped around her waist.

He grinned and turned her to her side as he put a hand under her legs and another behind her back as he stood up, carrying her with no effort. Lucy laid her hands in front of her as he made his way to his resting quarters where the candles were already dimly lit. He pulled aside the curtains that hung from the ceiling around the bed and set her down gently. He took off his outer garment and took Lucy's shawl from her, hanging it up on the hangers.

"Thank you," she said.

Kouen sat down next to her and ran his hand through her hair as she shut her eyes from his gentle touch, a rosy blush on her cheek as she opened her eyes again, gazing into his reddish-maroon eyes that reflected nothing but her.

"You have bags underneath your eyes," she reached her hands out to touch his cheek.

"Haven't I always had bags?" he chuckled.

She sighed with hopelessness. "They've gotten darker."

"Maybe it's because I haven't seen you for a while?" he suggested. "It's been one to two weeks at most and I was at my limit."

"The same goes for me," she admitted, a little embarrassed.

Kouen laughed and brought his hands to hers that rested on his face. He held them and they fit perfectly in his large ones. He touched her forehead with his and closed his eyes, his breathing calm and steady as his heart beat rapidly underneath his chest.

"You're cold," he said. "Did you walk here?"

Lucy chuckled. "Am I that cold?"

"Yeah," he opened his eyes and held an arm behind her and pulled her close as he closed the curtain shades, bring her down onto the bed and placing her head gently onto the pillow. "To the point where you're freezing cold."